There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GUESS THE 53!!

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
4. We're not even considering some of the other receiver candidates. Daniels, for example. Harbaugh called him a "Swiss army knife" and will probaly give him every opportunity to return punts and play slot.

You know, another player everyone has already dismissed is Marlon Moore who we brought in as a FA from Miami. This is a a guy who is as experienced as Kyle Williams in the NFL but has more experience as a returner and is a burner who can provide a deep threat. With plenty of slot guys in AJ, Patton, Manningham, aside from Lockette, who else has deep-play speed? This may be one of those guys who surprises and really comes out of nowhere. There always seems to be one or two of these guys...do they always make the team? We'll see...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
4. We're not even considering some of the other receiver candidates. Daniels, for example. Harbaugh called him a "Swiss army knife" and will probaly give him every opportunity to return punts and play slot.

You know, another player everyone has already dismissed is Marlon Moore who we brought in as a FA from Miami. This is a a guy who is as experienced as Kyle Williams in the NFL but has more experience as a returner and is a burner who can provide a deep threat. With plenty of slot guys in AJ, Patton, Manningham, aside from Lockette, who else has deep-play speed? This may be one of those guys who surprises and really comes out of nowhere. There always seems to be one or two of these guys...do they always make the team? We'll see...

Completely forgot about Moore... maybe for good reason?
Originally posted by sick9erfan:
Couple things.

We look thin at NT not sure what the plan is there.

Kyle Williams has proven hands (as a WR ) and Jenkins was the Rashaun Woods of the 2012 draft, don't be shocked if he is cut. These 49ers don`t play like we did under Donahue.

What`s the plan at NT, Sopoaga ate up a ton of snaps last year and love him or hate him that is some HEAVY lifting, more 4-3 sets in our future?

Good thing you said proven hands as a WR, because we all know his troubles on Punts.

Jenkins WONT be cut, his deal is guaranteed fr the most part, and they wont swallow all that cap room.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Completely forgot about Moore... maybe for good reason?

Most likely but you never know!
Post #245. Time to update the 53. Such a bummer about Crabtree!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/171861-team-needs-updates/page17/#post245
[ Edited by NCommand on May 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM ]
Post #245. Time to update the 53. Such a bummer about Crabtree!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/171861-team-needs-updates/page17/#post245

Yes, good thing I wasted all that time yesterday breaking down all of our wide receivers...
Yes, good thing I wasted all that time yesterday breaking down all of our wide receivers...

You broke Crabtree? Better go hide!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

You broke Crabtree? Better go hide!

SIGH. It is kind of my fault. I wrote this JUST yesterday...

"One last note... if tragedy were to strike and Crabs or Boldin got a multi-week injury in training camp, I would assume the 49ers would immediately sign a veteran to start in their place, probably one of these guys... Randy Moss (for obvious reasons), Brandon Lloyd, Devery Henderson, Deion Branch, Lee Evans, or Donte Stallworth."
  • buck
  • Veteran

"One last note... if tragedy were to strike and Crabs or Boldin got a multi-week injury in training camp, I would assume the 49ers would immediately sign a veteran to start in their place, probably one of these guys... Randy Moss (for obvious reasons), Brandon Lloyd, Devery Henderson, Deion Branch, Lee Evans, or Donte Stallworth."

You can think stuff like that, but god you just cannot write it down. I would have thought that you knew that. dang.

Well...I guess we can forgive you...but I don't really want a cast off WR as much as I want to see what our young guys can do.

Well...I guess we can forgive you...but I don't really want a cast off WR as much as I want to see what our young guys can do.

Insurance and competition. That's it. It would still be the best-man-wins. That said, mods, Nick needs to be removed or we need to bring in an Internet Exorcist STAT! Ahhhhhmmmmmm.

Insurance and competition. That's it. It would still be the best-man-wins. That said, mods, Nick needs to be removed or we need to bring in an Internet Exorcist STAT! Ahhhhhmmmmmm.

Goodwin's restructure means it's even more likely he makes the final 53
THERES MY SLEEPER FOR MR 53!!!!

Fullbacks: 2
Bruce Miller
Jason Schepler( FB/TE/ST )

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Harbaugh-Looks-for-Young-WRs-to-Emerge/64e54791-b427-40fd-bbc3-35b2d35c651d

Height:6-2
Weight:274

"Harbaugh appreciates the work of his 90-man roster and even went out of his way to highlight fullback Jason Schepler who made the team after trying out at the team's rookie minicamp. The former Northern Illinois tight end was told he needed to put on weight to make it in the NFL as a center, no less. Schepler put on 30 pounds in the offseason but eventually won a roster spot in San Francisco as a fullback/tight end. Now, he has to lose all the weight he gained.The undrafted fullback's story is one of many unique tales on the 49ers roster."

OK, more than likely he's PS material, but still!

By the way with Crabs out, KW is now a lock for the roster. I guess we'll never know how it would have played out...sooooo..EVERYONE'S RIGHT!!!

As long as Crabs comes back healthy and his injury has no bearing on if we win a SB this year, ( I know, lots of ifs )......this new opportunity for AJ, Patton and Lockette may end up being a major long term silver lining if one or more emerges.

The suspense is killing me!

Enjoy the holiday weekend!