LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Great hire. Preparing for the future.

lol whats this suppose to mean? replacing Harbaugh in 10 years?
Originally posted by daWest:
What is an ESPN Studio analyst really gonna bring to the table? Everyone saw what a failure he was in NY. How he alienated his HOF quarterback. This guy is a douche. What exactly do we need a consultanist for anyway? It's definitely not because of his expertism or knowledguity. Last time this guy was in the spotlight, he ruined his own coaching career by talking. Yea...Dont understand this move at all

Expertism and knowledguity are two hard traits to find dude.
What is an ESPN Studio analyst really gonna bring to the table? Everyone saw what a failure he was in NY. How he alienated his HOF quarterback. This guy is a douche. What exactly do we need a consultanist for anyway? It's definitely not because of his expertism or knowledguity. Last time this guy was in the spotlight, he ruined his own coaching career by talking. Yea...Dont understand this move at all

When Ed Donatell gets a DC job, Mangini might be our DB coach.

I couldn't agree with you more. Mangini is avg at best. Maybe this is one way to bring competition for the coaches as well? who the heck knows.

As long as the 49ers are winning, ...they can hire all the consultants they want.
The more football knowledge in house the better. He's not here to "run" anything. Just to provide insight. JH wants to pick his brain.
I love this move. He can step in as the DC when Vic gets a head coaching job.
I think this will be a pretty good hire.
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by Amir:
RT @JasonLaCanfora: Mangini's role with the 49ers, if it came together, would be to assist the offense with ideas on how to prepare for certain defenses, etc

Is that code for - Roman sucks balls and cost us a SB so get somebody in here that know what the f**k they are doing before I lose my job?

Then wouldn't you need an expert in offense instead of Mangini, an expert on defense?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

expertism?
knowledguity?
Originally posted by boast:

expertism?
knowledguity?

Don't forget consultanist.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by boast:

expertism?
knowledguity?

Don't forget consultanist.

I read this and thought it had to be a goddamn joke
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Another solid football mind. Could also be Fangio Insurance if he becomes a HC.
Maybe there is something we are missing here... He's from the school of Belicheck, so maybe he has something that Jim feels this coaching staff lacks.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Great hire. Preparing for the future.

lol whats this suppose to mean? replacing Harbaugh in 10 years?

to replace one of the defensive coaches when one of them leaves for a promotion.
Don't judge what a coach has done with the Jets and Browns. Neither Bill Belicheat or Pete Carrol could win with those poorly run organizations. Keep in mind Mangini did very well as a defensive coordinator in New England. Mangini is young very well spoken and knows the NFL game. As others have stated he brings another good set of eyes to the film room. I bad mouthed the York's in the past but since Jed York took over he has nothing but run a first class organization. He has made one great decision after another the last 3 to 4 years.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Jun 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone