LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Its laughable how butt hurt some of you guys still are on the play calling here or there. Circumstances can be like quicksand, to where sometimes, in order to react, you have to do things counter-intuitively.. Romans a top coordinated. Mangini brings a different perspective. And they're exploring that application.
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 18, 2013 at 3:37 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by Amir:
RT @JasonLaCanfora: Mangini's role with the 49ers, if it came together, would be to assist the offense with ideas on how to prepare for certain defenses, etc

Is that code for - Roman sucks balls and cost us a SB so get somebody in here that know what the f**k they are doing before I lose my job?

I wouldn't think so, Mangina is well versed in multiple defensive sets, IMO it should only help the 9ers offense to prepare. Its about being one-step ahead of the game.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
whose job are we talking about here? I kinda doubt there's any inclination in the FO to can Harbaugh...as many as there might be coaching in the NFL, Harbaughs do not just grow on trees...

Kind of obvious he was talking about Greg Roman.

not getting that, mainly because of the lack of agreement between "Roman" and then later using the pronoun "I"...as in, the person speaking isn't Roman, unless he has a tendency to refer to himself in the third person a lot
Any word of anything getting definite about this hiring?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Eric Mangini is taking job as 49ers Senior Offensive Consultant.
Dope
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Eric Mangini is taking job as 49ers Senior Offensive Consultant.

Championship
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Interesting that Mangini is an offensive consultant but makes sense. After all, Chris Ault said he'll do a lot of defensive consulting in KC
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dianna Russini ‏@DRussNBC

Eric Mangini just confirmed to me he will be the senior offensive consultant for San Francisco. He heads to SF Monday. #49ers

#Mangini believes they do a great job of being creative offensively and looks forward to helping out any way he can. #49ers
[ Edited by Jcool on Jun 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM ]
cant wait to hire ault next year

Originally posted by Kolohe:
RT @JasonLaCanfora: Mangini's role with the 49ers, if it came together, would be to assist the offense with ideas on how to prepare for certain defenses, etc

Is that code for - Roman sucks balls and cost us a SB so get somebody in here that know what the f**k they are doing before I lose my job?

I wouldn't think so, Mangina is well versed in multiple defensive sets, IMO it should only help the 9ers offense to prepare. Its about being one-step ahead of the game.

Agreed. I think it's a decent move.
Mangini, a former DC hired as "senior offensive consultant" is so Harbaalke. Always trying to throw the rest of NFL for a loop. Love it.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
cant wait to hire ault next year

I can. And, obviously, so can the 49ers.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agreed. I think it's a decent move.

Great move.

Bring in coaches with strong analytical skills and solid grounding and pick their brain. Now the Niners will glean insights into the Belicheck way.

Down the road, Mangini could be an excellent coordinator. He's a student of the game. Fits the coordinator role a lot better than HC IMO.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/06/49ers-to-hire-mangini-as-offensive-consultant.html
Matty's theory for the hire
Share 49ersWebzone