There are 285 users in the forums

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by robniner:
He's a self-proclaimed man genius!

And has a man-vagina!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by dwett:
This... You guys seem to be reacting like he is taking Harbaugh's job. If we brought in Norv as an offensive consultant would you have issues since he has sucked at every HCing job he has had. Mangini has a skill set and Harbaugh is interested in investing in it. Simple as that.

This. Mangini has proven that he's not head coach material....beyond that, he's a very good position coach and has terrific football mind. As a bonus, if he ends up with a permanent position on the staff, you don't have to worry about him running off and taking a head coaching position somewhere after his disasters in New York and Cleveland.

I think Mangini is capable and has an opportunity to rebuild his 'reputation' with the Niners. We have seen other coaches get repeated opportunities despite some bad failures. Ed Donatell is a bit like that right now.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think Mangini is capable and has an opportunity to rebuild his 'reputation' with the Niners. We have seen other coaches get repeated opportunities despite some bad failures. Ed Donatell is a bit like that right now.

He can rebuild it.....I don't see anyone ever giving him a head coaching gig again though.
sounds like a one year interview for DC
I hope he joins the staff...could take over as DC in the future
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I hope he joins the staff...could take over as DC in the future

Vic is eventually going to be the next hot item for HC in college or NfL
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't like the guy, but I guess we can do alot worse.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He can rebuild it.....I don't see anyone ever giving him a head coaching gig again though.

I mentioned Ed Donatell without realizing he was with the Jets Mangini's staff as special assistant back in 2007-8. All these coaches knew each other at one point or another. Maybe Ed Donatell is returning the favor for Mangini.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM ]
Still holds the sack record at Wesleyan as NT...perhaps he will be working on our erstwhile Rookie DLs? Also coached Super Bowl winning DB group in NE. Talented guy and never a bad thing to have more brain power on the staff.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Still holds the sack record at Wesleyan as NT...perhaps he will be working on our erstwhile Rookie DLs? Also coached Super Bowl winning DB group in NE. Talented guy and never a bad thing to have more brain power on the staff.

I was surprised to learn that compared o the rest of the NFC west we have the least amount of assistant at 17, while Seattle and rams have like 21 or 22 assistants.

Never cared for his HC style and all the drama that went with it.

BUT, Baalke/JH tend to make very smart moves and since we don't know all the ins & outs of why and how they'll apply his skills, I think it's pretty good.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

I was surprised to learn that compared o the rest of the NFC west we have the least amount of assistant at 17, while Seattle and rams have like 21 or 22 assistants.

quality of quantity
Played NT and is rumored to possibly work with OLinemen...if he can help the line become as good at pass blocking as they are run blocking this team will take another step.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by robniner:
He's a self-proclaimed man genius!

And has a man-vagina!

Eric Mangina?
Why would they want this dude and to help on offense??? This guy is a secondary coach, our coaches are fine, we just need depth along the deline and to stay healthy and develop our 2012 draft picks and our 2013 draft picks as well and we'll be in the SB.
Share 49ersWebzone