LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Listening to Roman talk, it appears Mangini has a bigger role than his title might suggest. He's part of the mix, not just an occasional voice. "He's been great," Roman said of Mangini. "Very, very thorough work put in, really on us and the opponent. And he contributed to the game plan last week, as he will every week. And during the game, he's in the booth with us, helping us upstairs, helping communicate what's going on and what just happened or whatnot between series. So, he's doing a great job. Oh yeah, he's part of our staff. And he's up there, eyes on the defense, and between series we'll get together and talk." Smart people do smart things. That's what head coach Jim Harbaugh and company did by bringing in Mangini. By working with the offense, he is giving the unit a strong feel on opposing defenses and how to exploit them.

Yeah right

clearly a lie.

he has no voice.

mangini would break down defenses on espn effortlessly

he would clearly see we need to run the ball with power.

anyone should be able to see that.

roman is full of bull crap
What exactly did we hired this guy for? Whatever it is, its not working! C'mon Man!
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
What exactly did we hired this guy for? Whatever it is, its not working! C'mon Man!

don't blame him for greg roman not listening to anyone because he is the smartest man in the world.

roman has to be humble
something he has not proven he can be.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
head coach in waiting.
fire mangini
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Fire this "Offensive Consultant" tomorrow. What as he done?

Just because you haven't noticed anything he's done doesn't mean he should be fired. lol some fans
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

don't blame him for greg roman not listening to anyone because he is the smartest man in the world.

roman has to be humble
something he has not proven he can be.

Now how do you know that? Are you one of the coaches in the booth with Roman and Mangini on game day?
Too many chefs in the kitchen?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I used to hope some other dumb team would hire Roman as a HC, but now I fear he'll just be replaced by Mangini.
Someone called KNBR yesterday around noon to blame Mangini.

The response: Do you have a source or is this a theory from your mind?

Caller: Well, my mind.

Fitzgerald: Don't make up b******t on my airwaves without facts.

Originally posted by susweel:
head coach in waiting.

Lol you gotta change up the responses every now and then, give some actual truthiness responses then fake everyone out.
I thought I saw him at the Cards game on the field before kickoff. So what is the word on what he has been doing? Anyone have any intel on what he's been doing for the team as of lately? It's been quite. Nothing from beat writers, etc. thanks.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows‏@mattbarrows

Sources: 49ers plan to move Eric Mangini to tight ends coach this season. Former TE coach Reggie Davis to be asst oline coach.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows‏@mattbarrows

Sources: 49ers plan to move Eric Mangini to tight ends coach this season. Former TE coach Reggie Davis to be asst oline coach.

glass half full....hopefully he won't be able to give any opinions on whether to throw the red flag as TE coach.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I sort of like this subtle move. Reggie Davis has shown he's been really good in developing the Blocking abilities of his players. VD was always very good but now he's one of the best, Vance came in not being much of a blocker but that's all he did this year...and he did a good job. Delanie Walker improved his blocking under Reggie Davis...same goes for Celek. What Coach Davis lacks in is his ability to really develop a TE to be a pass catcher. So moving him to the O-Line could be the best move for him, and gives the Tight Ends a fresh approach to elevate their receiving skills.
Share 49ersWebzone