LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Maybe he is the problem with the offense? Is that the thought?

All I can say is that it "reminds" me of a Mangini led offense; but it doesn't matter. No matter who it is, SOMETHING has changed. We couldn't run the ball against Green Bay either, yet Washington could, even in their blowout.
  • Eeks
  • Veteran
im done with the read option, run WEST COAST/Stanford offense like Kaep first start vs Chicago
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It doesn't matter if it's Mangini or not. We have changed something. I don't know if this team has ever looked so helpless running the football. Not with Trestman, not with Jimmy Raye, never.

The Hawks have our number in Seattle, but it goes beyond that. Washington got blown out by the Packers, yet they could still run the ball. We have the "best" O-line in the league, yet through two games, we have more negative running plays than I can ever remember. Something is seriously wrong with our game-planning.

We really struggled to run the ball for most of the regular season with Kap last year. It wasn't til the playoffs were the running game picked up.
Originally posted by Eeks:
im done with the read option, run WEST COAST/Stanford offense like Kaep first start vs Chicago

This. Enough of the gimmicky b******t, teams spent all offseason looking to shut it down, 49ers need to go back to their old bread and butter, run-heavy offense, control the clock, efficient passing with the bonus deep play and running threat of Kaepernick.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We really struggled to run the ball for most of the regular season with Kap last year. It wasn't til the playoffs were the running game picked up.

We have never looked even remotely this bad in the history of the franchise, and that especially includes all of last year.
Originally posted by Eeks:

It's not the read option that's the problem Its the spots that they decide to run it.

Tonight we needed to show who was tougher, we needed to line up and live up to our name as far as what we're known for, running the ball with power and wearing them down.

Jim and Greg Robbed us of a good game tonight. Our line can't block anymore suddenly? or are we getting away from what we should be doing which is running the rock and passing out of that as well..

This is why the game plan is so important it makes all the difference in the world as seen tonight.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
It's not the read option that's the problem Its the spots that they decide to run it.

Tonight we needed to show who was tougher, we needed to line up and live up to our name as far as what we're known for, running the ball with power and wearing them down.

Jim and Greg Robbed us of a good game tonight. Our line can't block anymore suddenly? or are we getting away from what we should be doing which is running the rock and passing out of that as well..

This is why the game plan is so important it makes all the difference in the world as seen tonight.

Post of the day.
and mangini sure as heck didn't earn his check this week or tonight either.

either that or they totally ignored everything he said.
I honestly thought mangini was brought in specifically for games like the seahawks and giants. Self scouting for the offense. We had the same failings this year as last. It seems like we need to integrate a hurry up offense capability much more than we have. we are always slow to the line. Even our 2 and 4 minute offenses are slow. we need to tighten the screws on that.

We have never looked even remotely this bad in the history of the franchise, and that especially includes all of last year.

2004 begs to differ

Good read, behind the scenes look at Mangini as Browns HC:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=4409&t=11962873

Meanwhile, I'm catching some weird vibes around the building. Things feel off. I'm focused on learning the system as fast as I can, so I don't have a lot of time for psychoanalysis, but it's hard to miss. To a man, the entire Browns team seems to be deep in despair. There is a natural sluggishness that occurs during training camp, but this is something different. The men seem positively broken. They have no fight left in them. The locker room is quiet, so quiet. In Denver, even in the midst of training camp, the locker room was lively and social. Cleveland is a mausoleum. That night at my first team meeting, I learn why.

As I sit down in the emptiest seat I can find, I notice that players have handwritten notes scattered about their desks and their laps. They are reading over them nervously. Coach Mangini, a doughy thirty-eight- year- old frat boy with parted hair and a butt-chin, walks in and takes his place at the podium, a dip in his lip and a Styrofoam cup in his hand. He starts off by welcoming the two new men who were signed to the team that morning: me and some other dude.

No idea what a tin-pot dictator, unknown for any sort of offensive wisdom whatsoever, is doing with our team.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

2004 begs to differ

Not in running the football.
Fire this "Offensive Consultant" tomorrow. What as he done?
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

to be perfectly honest with you i don't even think mangini is at fault here.

i believe he's probably suggesting things we should do.

i completely believe roman is saying "uh huh uh huh ok ok" and then totally ignoring everything he's saying.

Roman is that bad and squandering everything. making it look like we have no talent.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

to be perfectly honest with you i don't even think mangini is at fault here.

i believe he's probably suggesting things we should do.

i completely believe roman is saying "uh huh uh huh ok ok" and then totally ignoring everything he's saying.

Roman is that bad and squandering everything. making it look like we have no talent.

Listening to Roman talk, it appears Mangini has a bigger role than his title might suggest. He's part of the mix, not just an occasional voice. "He's been great," Roman said of Mangini. "Very, very thorough work put in, really on us and the opponent. And he contributed to the game plan last week, as he will every week. And during the game, he's in the booth with us, helping us upstairs, helping communicate what's going on and what just happened or whatnot between series. So, he's doing a great job. Oh yeah, he's part of our staff. And he's up there, eyes on the defense, and between series we'll get together and talk." Smart people do smart things. That's what head coach Jim Harbaugh and company did by bringing in Mangini. By working with the offense, he is giving the unit a strong feel on opposing defenses and how to exploit them.

Yeah right
Share 49ersWebzone