There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Nothing wrong with having another good football mind around the front office ...but Jack Harbaugh is still my favorite consultant
Not a fan of him as a head coach but he did excellent work breaking down alot of Niner highlights over the last 2 seasons!!! He was highly complimentary of all things Niners... Perhaps he has a "relationship" with Harbs or Baalke?
Has any Belichick coach had success? Mangini had that one good year with the Jets then imploded. Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? My favorite is Josh McDaniels, he always reminded me of Bighat in Spaceballs. I've stopped trying to critique what Coach and Baalke do, if they think Mangini can be an asset it's okay with me.
f**k no. I don't want to have anything to do with anyone from that cheating ass Patriots organization. He did end up reporting their asses, so I give him some credit for that. But still once a cheating ass Patriot, always a cheating ass Patriot in my mind.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Camp fodder.

Originally posted by thojess:
Originally posted by robniner:
Man Genius can stay away from us. He was a complete disaster in Cleveland.

He has a good football mind. If the management think he's got something to offer, he'll be brought in. Besides, Cleveland was, is, and ever shall be a disaster... Kinda crazy to blame it on one guy that was only there briefly.

Even Belichick failed in Cleveland. I think Mangini may make a good teacher/coordinator especially with more seasoning with Fangio. Might be a good combo of Donatell and Mangini on the D if Fangio retire after we've taken the #6
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He has a good football mind. If the management think he's got something to offer, he'll be brought in. Besides, Cleveland was, is, and ever shall be a disaster... Kinda crazy to blame it on one guy that was only there briefly.

Even Belichick failed in Cleveland. I think Mangini may make a good teacher/coordinator especially with more seasoning with Fangio. Might be a good combo of Donatell and Mangini on the D if Fangio retire after we've taken the #6

I would not say Bill failed in Cleveland. It was the Art that failed the team. The Browns were a playoff team in 94 (11-5) and the following season Art told Bill that he was moving the team and the team just could not perform like they could due to all the distractions of moving.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I would not say Bill failed in Cleveland. It was the Art that failed the team. The Browns were a playoff team in 94 (11-5) and the following season Art told Bill that he was moving the team and the team just could not perform like they could due to all the distractions of moving.

Yeah, I agree. The people at the top in Cleveland have a lot to do with their failure also. It takes a good combo of GM and HC to make it work. Mangini was with the Jets and knows a lot about the AFC teams. Maybe he's just there to consult -- cased out --on potential AFC SuperBowl opponents not named Ravens
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I guess we just hired JH's replacement
Bring him in, let's see what he has to contribute, see if he fits w/the Niner way and take it from there.
Originally posted by Youngone:
They will probably ask his opinion and then do the complete opposite.

This. f**k Mangini.
I think its a good move. I live 10 min from the Meadowlands, so I unfortunately hear EVERYTHING about the Jets all the effin time. Its easy to blast Man'gina, but it's becoming more obvious around NY that he was the one who built the Jets team that went to two AFC Champ games. Once Mike T took total control and Fat Rex came in, they destroyed that roster. He's a good evaluator of talent.
I like it.

He seems like a good dude, we should PM him.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:
RT @JasonLaCanfora: Mangini's role with the 49ers, if it came together, would be to assist the offense with ideas on how to prepare for certain defenses, etc

Lacanfora doesn't know s**t
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN3m
Eric Mangini attended an in-season 49ers practice in 2011 at Youngstown State.

i don't know what to think about this, but i think the more ex HC we have the better for us.

He likes the way you think.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home