There are 139 users in the forums

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Smart move.

Teams have been interested in Donatel. Maybe his contract will be ending soon?

Up at the end of this upcoming season, he can walk if he wants.
Habaugh is getting ready for the inevitable. Either Vic or Roman will be snatched after this season. If Vic goes, I'd say Donatel go to D-coordinator and Mangini go to D-back coordinator.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Jun 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Whomeam:
I don't think enough people here give Seattle the respect they deserve. I hate them like everyone else but they've built quite a great team over there. I don't think they have a weak position at all.

Well, then you go right ahead and respect the heck out of them. As far as I'm concerned most people around here acknowledge that they are the toughest competition the Niners face. That sounds like respect to me. I happen to agree with the prediction that they will not do as well as their fans expect them to this next season mainly because they have a much harder schedule than they did last year. Five 10 AM games? Give me a break. Personally, I don't hate them at all. I don't hate any team.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Habaugh is getting ready for the inevitable. Either Vic or Roman will be snatched after this season. If Vic goes, I'd say Donatel go to D-coordinator and Mangini go to D-back coordinator.

I don't think Magini will take a position coach job.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't think enough people here give Seattle the respect they deserve. I hate them like everyone else but they've built quite a great team over there. I don't think they have a weak position at all.

Well, then you go right ahead and respect the heck out of them. As far as I'm concerned most people around here acknowledge that they are the toughest competition the Niners face. That sounds like respect to me. I happen to agree with the prediction that they will not do as well as their fans expect them to this next season mainly because they have a much harder schedule than they did last year. Five 10 AM games? Give me a break. Personally, I don't hate them at all. I don't hate any team.
Yup. Plus they have a bunch of low character guys over there just waiting to implode. Think the last generation of the Bengals and current Lions. Their saving grace is Wilson. Hopefully we can learn to Corrall his ass. Thankfully the game at C-Block stadium is early in the year,

Speak, Bro., speak!! And, let us not forget that the Seabuzzards have become the darlings of the NFC West to many in the media.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Jun 3, 2013 at 5:44 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup. Plus they have a bunch of low character guys over there just waiting to implode. Think the last generation of the Bengals and current Lions. Their saving grace is Wilson. Hopefully we can learn to Corrall his ass. Thankfully the game at C-Block stadium is early in the year,
Now that's funny!!
You really think Mangini would come back to NFL coaching as a position coach? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind things falling that ay if we lost Fangio. I just don't know if Mangini would go for that. Seems kind of below him.

Offensive line. Okung is good, but fragile. Unger is better than average. That's it.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
You really think Mangini would come back to NFL coaching as a position coach? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind things falling that ay if we lost Fangio. I just don't know if Mangini would go for that. Seems kind of below him.

DCs are not position coaches. They are coordinators. Generally that job is one step away from HC. Norv had to man a coordinator position between HC jobs, Linehan was a HC who has been stuck at OC since fired, Marinelli went from HC to DL coach, back up to DC. My point is, Manging didn't have the kind of success that buys him "HC or nothing" clout. My guess is, Donatell leaves after this year, and Mangini winds up coaching DBs for a season or two. Then, Fangio dries up into dust and Mangini takes over the defense, where he stays until he dies (most NFL HCs only get two strikes).

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not know of anyone who is more comfortable saying russell is the real deal as compared to Ck. i would like anyone to point out to me what they see from Ck that leads them to believe he is not the real deal. sheesh

He's got football smarts, he's pretty un-flappable, he's got good pocket presence, a cannon for an arm, speed, quickness, great work ethic and one of the best ten-game beginnings for any pro QB ever.

So, I'm going to say tats and a flat-brimmed cap.
G said nothing wrong . that pocket presence is something I never thought about until he got the job and even in his first game, after it was pointed out by my daughter and good fans like you,, that he is simply able to do things that alex can not do in the pocket.I think that is the biggest thing of all
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

they are pond scum, their fans have head lice and that is about all I think about when it comes to seattle
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I don't think Magini will take a position coach job.

he doesn't have that many options...look at the job he just took
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Offensive line. Okung is good, but fragile. Unger is better than average. That's it.

Exactly. They're very good, but if you had to pick the weakest link, that's it. And, I think the Niners FO realizes that and is trying to get even better at pass rushing to exploit that weakness. They simply must find a way to contain Russell Wilson in the pocket and smother him before he starts running around in circles for 16 seconds in the backfield.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

Can't get any lower after being with Bayless and Stephen A. Smith. Mangini was driven back into the NFL coaching in any capacity by those 2 morons.
Share 49ersWebzone