There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Eric Mangini is in talks with the 49ers (consultant job) *EDIT - HIRED*

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
There is no downside.

We have one of the better minds of the NFL who has championship and coaching experience.

If Roman leaves he could be a front runner for OC.

I don't know about all that, that'd be like an Andy Reid sort of move. I think more likely he could be a replacement for Donatell as DB's coach.
This will further help us to take down those douche east coast teams
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Because all he has to add is a black Niner sweatshirt.

Dude is slowly morphing into Mike Holmgren............

You got a real point there!
I guess Harbaugh knew defenses were going to make off-season adjustments on Kaep so getting a person of this stature would help him get ahead of the defense.

So if you think that defenses have figured out Kaep, may want to second guess.
[ Edited by robniner on Jun 2, 2013 at 12:36 AM ]
the season and beyond all ride on to what degree does Kaep develop to....I used to get jacked about all the peripheral moves like extending Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Novarro Bowman and so on but the game boils down to qb play. 4 downs for the Superbowl and we didn't get it done, at that point I just believe coaching goes out the window. you either got the guy that can make the play or you don't. You watch Russell Wilson play and you feel a little more comfortable in saying he's the real deal. With Kaep, jury's still out a little, he's got pocket passing issues. I welcome Mangini with open arms, but everything this team does outside of qb play is irrelevant if Kaep doesn't grow and become a better pocket passer.

Man, it took 4 months for me to be able to post back on this site again, I've gotta deal with niner pain better...
Originally posted by ssahnan:
the season and beyond all ride on to what degree does Kaep develop to....I used to get jacked about all the peripheral moves like extending Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Novarro Bowman and so on but the game boils down to qb play. 4 downs for the Superbowl and we didn't get it done, at that point I just believe coaching goes out the window. you either got the guy that can make the play or you don't. You watch Russell Wilson play and you feel a little more comfortable in saying he's the real deal. With Kaep, jury's still out a little, he's got pocket passing issues. I welcome Mangini with open arms, but everything this team does outside of qb play is irrelevant if Kaep doesn't grow and become a better pocket passer.

Man, it took 4 months for me to be able to post back on this site again, I've gotta deal with niner pain better...

Put your worries to rest. The switch was made for a reason, Kap's a legit franchise QB. He can carve defenses up in the pocket, out of the pocket and with his legs.
[ Edited by KegBert on Jun 2, 2013 at 3:39 AM ]

I mean.....by any measure, Kaepernick had a sensational start to his career, in time he'll improve, but considering that Kaepernick STILL has less career starts than Russell Wilson or some other young QB's, I wouldn't go and label him a "disappointment" just because he didn't win the Superbowl in his first 10 career starts in the NFL.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jun 2, 2013 at 6:28 AM ]
Can we change the thread title properly please.....keep on reading "*EDIT - HORRD*"
Mangini is not a great HC but he is a very smart football guy and I would think he will add quite a bit, helping Roman become a better NFL coach. If not he can be fired easily. This seems like a no risk hire.

I still don't get the worries many fans have about Kaep, I just don't. It's like many watched a completely different season. When I saw Kaep pass form the pocket I saw a dangerous QB. When I saw him out the pocket I saw very dangerous QB. Would people rather Kaep sit back in the pocket like a statue and take sacks just to honor a philosophy? Kaep plays the game that's in front of him and how the D plays him.
People need to stop being so fuking at the success we're having, root for the type of player Kaep is, and stop b***hing about the kind of player they think Kaep isn't or they think he needs to be!! I'm quite sure JH & Co. have a firm grip on what Kaep needs to improve on and I'm pretty sure it isn't what many think. I don't think Kaep has a pocket passing issue. In my mind, the biggest thing Kaep needs to improve on is "prove it". Continue to prove why JH let Alex Smith remain on the bench. Prove to the rest of the league that that SB run was no fluke (like many idiots are implying). Prove to the resat of the league (and some doubting fans) that he is elite. Prove that he is the "real deal" that obviously some fans don't think he is.

For all you so-called fans gargling on the balls of Russell Wilson keep this in mind: Russell Wilson was a rookie that played a very soft schedule and, thus, snuck up on teams. Had they had a playoff schedule like we had the outcome likely would have been altogether different. Also, keep in mind that Kaep was groomed for a season under perhaps the best coaching staff in the game, with coaches who actually teach. So if anything it's Russell Wilson who'll be more likely to experience a sophomore slump.

This season, the Seabuzzards will be brought back to earth.
. . . . . .Oh, as for Mangini, I think its an excellent hire too.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:

I still don't get the worries many fans have about Kaep, I just don't. It's like many watched a completely different season. When I saw Kaep pass form the pocket I saw a dangerous QB. When I saw him out the pocket I saw very dangerous QB. Would people rather Kaep sit back in the pocket like a statue and take sacks just to honor a philosophy? Kaep plays the game that's in front of him and how the D plays him.
People need to stop being so fuking at the success we're having, root for the type of player Kaep is, and stop b***hing about the kind of player they think Kaep isn't or they think he needs to be!! I'm quite sure JH & Co. have a firm grip on what Kaep needs to improve on and I'm pretty sure it isn't what many think. I don't think Kaep has a pocket passing issue. In my mind, the biggest thing Kaep needs to improve on is "prove it". Continue to prove why JH let Alex Smith remain on the bench. Prove to the rest of the league that that SB run was no fluke (like many idiots are implying). Prove to the resat of the league (and some doubting fans) that he is elite. Prove that he is the "real deal" that obviously some fans don't think he is.

For all you so-called fans gargling on the balls of Russell Wilson keep this in mind: Russell Wilson was a rookie that played a very soft schedule and, thus, snuck up on teams. Had they had a playoff schedule like we had the outcome likely would have been altogether different. Also, keep in mind that Kaep was groomed for a season under perhaps the best coaching staff in the game, with coaches who actually teach. So if anything it's Russell Wilson who'll be more likely to experience a sophomore slump.

This season, the Seabuzzards will be brought back to earth.

I think Seattle had an incredible streak of luck last year at times, every bounce seemed to go exactly their way......the odds that continues into this upcoming season are basically zero. I think they'll come back to earth a bit this season, as much as people talked about the lucky bounces that the 49ers got in 2011, Seattle went well beyond that, I mean they won with a game winning interception for crying out loud.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
good proactive move. we just hired harbaugh's replacement