LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

Eric Reid = Dana Hall

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
First of all, I would like to congratulate Eric Reid for being our 1st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a player similar to Dana Hall.

Dana was the last 1st round FS we picked (Washington) and ended up being a bust. The have similar statue.. Runs the same.. same move hip movement.. and I kinda worry about it..

Also, I think he should changed that ugly #35 he wears now.. it's just an ugly football number.. Who chose this for him???
Oh ok thanks
Any videos of the similarities ?
hakuna matata
I don't remember much about Hall or his strengths/weaknesses. I just remember him being injured most of the time and losing his job to Merton Hanks.

They're both 6'2 210-215 lbs, but so are a gazillion other safeties. They're similar stature doesn't mean much.

Many safeties who are that size have been characterized as having stiff hip movement. That's why they play safety and not corner.

Reid looks like a perfect fit for what we do. Physical free safety that attacks downhill, and also has good range and ball skills. He should be a hell of a lot better than Hall.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 14, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
I just hate when people compare players on tha size of other players or past players it makez no sense at all ....
Originally posted by 9moon:
First of all, I would like to congratulate Eric Reid for being our 1st pick in the 2013 NFL Draft.. I hope he doesn't turn out to be a player similar to Dana Hall.

Dana was the last 1st round FS we picked (Washington) and ended up being a bust. The have similar statue.. Runs the same.. same move hip movement.. and I kinda worry about it..

Also, I think he should changed that ugly #35 he wears now.. it's just an ugly football number.. Who chose this for him???

Similar statues

And you thought this deserved its own thread why?
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on May 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM ]
Bahhhhhhhhhhh.....tzeeeee ba iyaaaaaaaaa, baba rhee tzi babahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Nah-uh......Eric Reid is just like Tebucky Jones.....because they were both drafted in the 1st round...and they both have nice size for safeties....they both went to college.....they both have kids......its uncanny.
Share 49ersWebzone