Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by defenderDX:
We will lose to the Colts.

(win, win, loss remember)

NOOOOOOOO, not again!!
we are gonna start off 0-3
  • Ether
  • Veteran
If anyone can find a flaw in Andrew Luck and exploit it, it'll be Jim Harbaugh. He taught Luck everything that Luck knows.
Their d alone causes a w for us
The Packers thought they had it in the bag for sure.

Then CHUCKSTRONG happened, and the Colts sealed the biggest comeback of the year (and won what I consider the best game of 2012).

Don't underestimate 'em.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The Packers thought they had it in the bag for sure.

Then CHUCKSTRONG happened, and the Colts sealed the biggest comeback of the year (and won what I consider the best game of 2012).

Don't underestimate 'em.

I think that is true with any team, case in point didn't we all think we would beat the Vikings after beating the Packers ?

But, having said that, as per my previous post, I am looking at an 11-5 season, so I have to draw the line somewhere cos if we can't even beat the Colts, 11-5 could well even be off the table.
I'm not chalking any game up as an automatic win, especially through our first five games. Our first five could very well determine whether or not we get to play at home in the playoffs. Oddly, last year considered, Rams are my least concern. I don't think our Rams game will come down to a field goal.

But I'm still not going to preemptively put a big "W" next to St. Louis.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I'm not chalking any game up as an automatic win, especially through our first five games. Our first five could very well determine whether or not we get to play at home in the playoffs. Oddly, last year considered, Rams are my least concern. I don't think our Rams game will come down to a field goal.

But I'm still not going to preemptively put a big "W" next to St. Louis.

I would say we shouldn't be too disappointed if we could split the series with both the Rams and Seahawks.

But, you are right about the first 5 games. I think best case scenario would be 4-1, but it could easily be 3-2. I just don't like both the Seahawks and Rams games being away games.
The niners lost and ties with St Louis in 2012...never count your chickens...
I never chalk games up as a win. I do however like to express my feelings of what is more likely to happen.

Can't count any game as a win, but if we bring our A game and they bring theirs, we should be ok.
Rams, Seahawks snuck up on us. Won't happen this year and Harbaugh won't overlook the Colts. Worry about the teams we think we have in the bag (Cards?). If we know you are good ... we'll get you this year.
I chalked up both Rams games as wins so now I don't assume anything anymore.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
No such thing as an Easy win in the NFL.... I mean in 05 the Niners won 2 games.... a team that could have just as easily won ZERO...I mean seriously I NEVER would have thought the niners would go 0-1-1 against the Sheep last year...well ok maybe there is a sure win game but the Niners don't play the Raiders

Didn't we win 4 that year? Bush Bowl?

The 49ers won 4 games in the 2005. It was in 2004 when they went 2-14.
Share 49ersWebzone