LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Does everyone chalk up week 3 as a win?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Luck isn't half the QB Rodgers is, and we handled the Packers twice. The Colts as a team overall isn't all that deep or talented. Not declaring an easy win but it's at home. No reason to think it'll be one of tougher games.
it better be because I am in lower box 18 row E for that one right on the 50 yd line or near it. I don't want to bring my wife to a loss but even if so it is always worth every penny
yes
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i chalk up all the games as a win

this

19-0 or bust, if not, then fire Harbaalke and blow the team up
  • Garce
  • Veteran

this 16-0 super bowl champs
If anybody knows Luck and knows how to gameplan against him is Harbaugh and Fangio. They coached him in Stanford and they know all his weaknesses and going to gameplan to it. Another thing, the Colts played with emotion last year because of their head coach's situation, they don't have that this year. Another thing, Luck shined under Bruce Arian's offense, he's not there anymore. One last thing, the coach they picked up to replace Arian was one of Harbaugh's assistant in Stanford so obviously he's pretty much running a scheme thats similar to us and Fangio knows that like the back of his hand and thats where Harbaugh and Roman joins in on the game planning. Im not underestimating them but I feel really good on our chances of winning that game. But its Any Given Sunday!
  • buck
  • Veteran

I chalk up none of the games as wins.

Chalk is for blackboards; games are played on the field.
we lost to and tied the Rams, so...nope
There's no such thing as chalking up wins...if you do that you'll get blindsided. Coach knows better than that...it really is one game at a time in the NFL.
We're going 16-0 so yes, yes I do.

I'm sure that before last season, everyone had the Rams games already chalked up as wins. And, that Vikings game was a gimme, right? Come on, people. You have to have watched enough NFL to know that you just can't do that with any team.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Put it this way, I am looking at an 11-5 season, if I can't chalk up Colts as a W, then we have issues. The way I am looking at it is, best case scenario within division is 4-2, but could easily be 3-3, so I am leaving only a max margin of 3 losses against the rest of the other teams. So, in all honesty, 10-6 could well be on the table.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
There's no such thing as chalking up wins...if you do that you'll get blindsided. Coach knows better than that...it really is one game at a time in the NFL.

This. Strange thread.
I ALWAYS think we have a good chance of winning ...even when we had Ken Dorsey as our QB
We will lose to the Colts.

(win, win, loss remember)
Share 49ersWebzone