There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SEA vs. SF - Most talented???

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
The only thing Seattle has on us is their secondary. everywhere else we are far superior.

49ers are the most deep team talent wise in the league right now and its not really even close.

Yes
Originally posted by Rascal:
This article may help, I thought it was quite a fair assessment :

Grant Cohn so no

And just no.. Seahawks WRs are 94 while ours are 84. Laughable. Our TEs are only 3 points higher and our special teams is in the last place in the division. Can people please stop quoting from pressdemocrat. Why are the articles back on the front page anyway. Seems like they take them off when comments are made about them then they miraculously show back up again.
oh look, another seahawk comparison thread.....
I stopped reading cohn's evaluation when he ranked the rams receivers ahead of ours. How are you going to rank the rams receivers above ours when their top receiver hasn't even played a down in the nfl yet?
Originally posted by JimDrinkAMiller:
I stopped reading cohn's evaluation when he ranked the rams receivers ahead of ours. How are you going to rank the rams receivers above ours when their top receiver hasn't even played a down in the nfl yet?

Exactly. How are the Rams receiving core better over the Niners' two proven wide receivers plus some solid ones?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Gore+Hunter+LMJ+Dixon+Lattimore > Lynch, Turbin, Christine = IMO

+1

Lynch might be the best of the group of the depth of the niners is better. The niners will be able to come in with fresh bodies and many different looks.
Originally posted by BEASTrickwillis:
Exactly. How are the Rams receiving core better over the Niners' two proven wide receivers plus some solid ones?

Plus their biggest production guy just bolted to New England.

Seattle is a talented team, but at the end of the day I like to ask this question:

Which team has the greatest potential if their individual players rose to the occasion?

And for that, I say SF.......simply because of what we did in New England last year in the first three quarters. Can you see Seattle doing that??

You know Seattle got up for the Patriots and Packers games at home, and they barely took them down. Being that I feel Seahawks are better than those teams, under those circumstances in that dome.....fail.

Also I'm not getting this RB dominance......forget the Gore/Lynch thing.....take both of them out for a second....you're telling me their unit is better than what we have?? GTFO.

And a receiving corps that was unremarkable at the beginning of the season is now best in the division? LOL. Seahawks pre-RW emergence was ehhh, and our corps pre-Kaepernick was sorta the same thing. After watching Crabtree late in the year and postseason, I'd say he's #2 best receiver in division after Sir Lawrence Fitzgerald. Boldin is a superbowl hero, as is Manningham.

Cannot wait for week 2. Seriously......if it means we squeak by in week 1, that's fine with me.

Want that win in their house to shut them up. We did it with Sir Alexander and without the Honorable Willis.....we can and will do it again.

I predict that will be this year's biggest victory/upset. 90% of analysts will have SEA winning that game.....just like they had GB winning the opener last year.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't think quarterback is a draw. I'd rather have Kaepernick any day. And, I don't think DL is a draw. What's the deal with everyone going bat-crazy over Cliff Avril. Was it his stirring, no-sack, no tackle performance against the Niners last year? Or was it his incredible no-sack, 2 tackle performance the year before. Maybe he performs well sometimes, but he hasn't done squat against the Niner offensive line. Zilch. Nada.

Agreed. Avril is soft. His sack numbers are like the baseball team that scatters ten hits yet never scores. I can't remember him ever coming up big in a big game . . . and not just against the 49ers. He's had multiple sacks in 7 of 69 games. Aldon Smith has 8 in 32.
Man I am sick of these seahags. They don't compare really they put up 50 plus versus weak teams we could've easily done the same yet we stopped putting up points.
And not only on the teams that they put up 50 plus on but other teams also. They weren't saying s**t we when we knocked out of the playoffs at there home two years ago and how obvious is Pete Carroll trying to emulate harbaugh I mean common.
These wanabees are trying a Lil too hard just because u sign good fa doesn't mean they will gel well with each other I mean common we've been to the big game 6 to there 1 numerous division titles they got a hand full multiple hall of famers the goat of receiving and perhaps the goat of passing the goat in Ronnie Lott he played different positions I mean what y'all got the bosh haha
Originally posted by Youngb:

Grant Cohn so no

And just no.. Seahawks WRs are 94 while ours are 84. Laughable. Our TEs are only 3 points higher and our special teams is in the last place in the division. Can people please stop quoting from pressdemocrat. Why are the articles back on the front page anyway. Seems like they take them off when comments are made about them then they miraculously show back up again.
...and QB carries the same weight as nickel front, or special team?

I always think Grant Cohn got a free rides on his dad's connection; and daddy ain't much better either.
Originally posted by ayetee:
Originally posted by Youngb:

Grant Cohn so no

...and QB carries the same weight as nickel front, or special team?

I always think Grant Cohn got a free rides on his dad's connection; and daddy ain't much better either.

Of course he did. Its not a coincidence that he got a column. Usually people who suck at writing and know nothing about sports dont get sportswriter jobs.
Grant Cohn is a well paid troll. His articles always generate a lot of comments and probably traffic too. Stop talking about him and/or reading his articles and he will go away.
I'm just curious about how a team that is supposedly flooded with top three talent, ends up with a losing record on the road. I find that quite puzzling.
There is a comparison thread in NFL Talk. As it has been around longer, please take it there.

And ha ha at the Grant Cohn article. Work of an 8 year old.