There are 229 users in the forums

49ers setting up the Frank Gore cut. 2014

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MarkD:
Are you ready for Frank to be cut next year??

He'll retire before that happens, specially if he gets the 'ring' this year.
this thread is f**king stupid
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Hell no. He is still extremely effective. There is plenty of gas left in the tank. His game is all about vision, quick feet, and enough shimmy to make the 1st guy miss. He's still elite in those areas. He averaged 4.7 ypc last year. I wouldn't even think of parting ways as long as he's averaging over 4 ypc.

Frank was top 10 in: total rushing yards, YPA, YPG, 20y+ runs. 11th in TDs

Would you please stop calling him "effective" and call him a f-ing beast.

Frank the Tank.
and
The offensive line plays so well when it comes to run blocking that one would have to cut Frank's legs off for him to be ineffective. With that said, he retires a Niner.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Gores cap number for next year people combined with his age. Writing might be on the wall. Don't forget who the team needs to sign next year and where we can save. We also have depth a running back.
[ Edited by MarkD on May 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
No way. He should play at least a year or two in the new stadium. He deserves it.
I know its going to happen sometime but atm I don't want to think about a 49ers team without my favorite player, Frank the f**kin Tank.

Originally posted by MarkD:
Gores cap number for next year people combined with his age. Writing might be on the wall. Don't forget who the team needs to sign next year and where we can save. We also have depth a running back.

Dude has a point. Gore is due $6,450,000 and he'll be 31. Unless he takes a pay cut, he'll be the odd man out in 2014. He's likely to share carries this year with Hunter and James.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
this thread is f**king stupid

Unfortunately, it isn't. The 49ers are clearly looking at the future without Gore. Will he be cut after this year? I don't know, but the team will definitely be looking to replace him whenever his skills start to decline. I think he'll still be very productive and the downhill trend of 30-year-old RBs won't plague him... yet. However, his cap hit is high considering we have effective RBs behind him who are making nowhere near what he is. Add that to the needs of re-signing Kaep & Aldon and you'll see exactly why this thread isn't "f*cking stupid."

Marcus Lattimore will eventually take over as the work horse.
[ Edited by 49erRider on May 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
As someone who a year ago was very skeptical about even his immediate future, I was completely floored by Gore last season. He put my doubting posts about him to shame, utter shame. He actually got better and imo had his best season since year 2, so until he actually shows significant regression topics like this are absurd. Dude is a top 5 RB until further notice.
I've always thought when Frank's career was winding down make him a third down back. He's a superior blocker, can get the tough yards and catch passes out of the backfield. Who knows, maybe you could spread him out too. Frank is a football player, in another era he would've been a two way player.
Share 49ersWebzone