LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Position group discussion: Quarterback

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Locks: Colin Kaepernick

Competition: Scott Tolzien beats out Colt McCoy who is a similar player but Tolzien has much more experience in our offense.

Wild Cards: B.J. Daniels ends up as the 3rd string QB who mirrors Russell Wilson in practice and has the ability to play ST as well. Marquies Gray will end up being our H-back.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Locks: Colin Kaepernick

Competition: Scott Tolzien beats out Colt McCoy who is a similar player but Tolzien has much more experience in our offense.

Wild Cards: B.J. Daniels ends up as the 3rd string QB who mirrors Russell Wilson in practice and has the ability to play ST as well. Marquies Gray will end up being our H-back.

I see McCoy taking the 2nd string job and Tolzien being replaced by BJ Daniels. I see them cutting Tolzien, and some QB starved team picking him up.
What is the word on Nate Montana? Does he look like he has a real shot at getting a spot on the team? I am sure I am not the only one intrigued at having a guy wearing Montana and a 6 on the back of his jersey on the 49ers. Even as a 3rd string QB.
[ Edited by BayArea on May 15, 2013 at 5:51 PM ]
Originally posted by BayArea:
What is the word on Nate Montana? Does he look like he has a real shot at getting a spot on the team? I am sure I am not the only one intrigued at having a guy wearing Montana and a 6 on the back of his jersey on the 49ers. Even as a 3rd string QB.

He's not on the team at all. He had his tryout in the rookie mini camp but was not offered a contract.
Originally posted by KegBert:

He's not on the team at all. He had his tryout in the rookie mini camp but was not offered a contract.

Gotcha I didn't know hadn't payed much attention just heard he was there pretty much. I haven't watched any film on the guy does he have any of the cool Joe genes in him?
Originally posted by KegBert:

Gotcha I didn't know hadn't payed much attention just heard he was there pretty much. I haven't watched any film on the guy does he have any of the cool Joe genes in him?

Oh I haven't seen any film either. I was just recalling an article I read the other day that said he didn't receive a contract. I double checked the 90 man roster list and the only QB listed are Kap, Colt, Tolz and Daniels.
Share 49ersWebzone