LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Anyone else worried...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not sure why people think it's a lock that the Seahawks are going to make the playoffs. It's not a lock that anyone makes the playoffs including the Niners.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm not sure why people think it's a lock that the Seahawks are going to make the playoffs. It's not a lock that anyone makes the playoffs including the Niners.

If that's the case, then what are we talking about here ? Of course we are trying to use the best of our knowledge to judge which team "should" get into the playoffs since none of us have crystal balls.
Is this guy serious. Man we own the wackers now they gotta ask us permission first if they wanna make the playoffs harbaugh knows what he is doing and he will do the same to his former college qb packers will not be seeded higher than us .
Originally posted by Rascal:
If that's the case, then what are we talking about here ? Of course we are trying to use the best of our knowledge to judge which team "should" get into the playoffs since none of us have crystal balls.

English said "if they make the playoffs." You responded with "you're kidding, right?"

I took that to mean you think it's silly to even question whether or not the Seahawks will make the playoffs. My prediction is that the Seahawks are going to whither a little under the pressure of enhanced expectations and being a team other teams get real up for, they're going to have questionable team chemistry, they're not going to get some lucky breaks they got last season, Wilson's not going to play as well as he did the second half of last season, Carroll's ra-ra act is going to start wearing a little thin as it always has with the pros and they're going to fade a bit.
[ Edited by GNielsen on May 14, 2013 at 11:26 AM ]
And, by the way, the only reason I don't think Harbaugh's ra-ra act will wear thin with players like Carroll's has in the past is that Harbaugh actually played the game. He can actually rifle a spiral down field. Players know he's a player and not just a cheerleader. The other day Matt Barrow wrote that the QB throwing the tightest spirals at the rookie camp was actually Coach Harbaugh.
And, by the way, the only reason I don't think Harbaugh's ra-ra act will wear thin with players like Carroll's has in the past is that Harbaugh actually played the game. He can actually rifle a spiral down field. Players know he's a player and not just a cheerleader. The other day Matt Barrow wrote that the QB throwing the tightest spirals at the rookie camp was actually Coach Harbaugh.

Harbaugh as backup to Kaep
Not at all
Don't forget the Niners smoked 'em with a banged up and ineffective Smith brothers. This time they will be healthy. And angry.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Im more worried about them lowing legal alcohol driving limit from .08 to .05
Originally posted by susweel:
Im more worried about them lowing legal alcohol driving limit from .08 to .05

doesn't matter if dont get caught

The Packers are no true threat to beat us until they have a running game. To their credit, they did go out and draft two talented backs, but since it will only be week 1 and the game is at the Stick, I say we take it. Also, their defense won't be any better and our offense will be.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Don't forget the Niners smoked 'em with a banged up and ineffective Smith brothers. This time they will be healthy. And angry.

Great point! The Niners scored a lot of points, but so did the Packers. The Niners offense AND defense should be better for this first game. And, in the second game, the Seahawks will be without Irvin and possibly without Lynch. 2-0 would be an awesome start. And something tells me they're going to work real hard on sustaining winning streaks this next season rather than that W-W-L W-W-L B.S.
Our ownership of the Packers began in the first game of 2012 and will continue for years.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

English said "if they make the playoffs." You responded with "you're kidding, right?"

I took that to mean you think it's silly to even question whether or not the Seahawks will make the playoffs. My prediction is that the Seahawks are going to whither a little under the pressure of enhanced expectations and being a team other teams get real up for, they're going to have questionable team chemistry, they're not going to get some lucky breaks they got last season, Wilson's not going to play as well as he did the second half of last season, Carroll's ra-ra act is going to start wearing a little thin as it always has with the pros and they're going to fade a bit.

Just like the Lions, looked good one year and regressed thereafter... sounds good to me.
CIA redacted
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on May 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone