LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Anyone else worried...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • CRUD
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I'm going to be realistic and admit that I am worried about the Packers. They will be gunning for us this season after we dismantled them twice last season. Don't forget that they still have Aaron Rodgers as QB and he will always keep them in the game. No two seasons are alike, so for people to say the result will be the same as last year is just plain silly. So many things change...Kaep can slump/kaep can be even better/49ers defense falls off/injuries/Packers get better/Packers D gets better. Just because they didn't do much to bolster their defense this year, it still can get better. Crazy sh*t happens in the NFL all the time.

Ya, we embarrassed their D so they're going to have a personal vendetta. I'm more concerned with destroying Seattle. I want to see Wilson throw 5 int's and no touchdowns when we play. And the Rams, for whatever reason they seem to be able to compete against us.
What does worried mean? Are all the people replying "no" to this thread guaranteeing victory?
It seems like we're in their heads. Everyone from coaches, management, to the players have talked non stop about stopping Kaep from running all over them again. I can totally see a scenario where Green Bay obsesses over stopping the read-option, only for us to never call it. Kaep is more than capable of destroying them through the air.

By now, people should realize we can run our entire offense through the pistol, not just the read-option. The only reason we went to it so much is because their linebackers were literally spinning in circles, trying to figure out what in the hell was going on.

There is no secret formula that will allow Green Bay to shut down this offense. The pistol is a formation, just like the shotgun, single-back, I-formation, etc... It's going to come down to talent and schemes. We have them beat on both fronts.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 12, 2013 at 5:40 PM ]
I wont be worried until week 2
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
As I mentioned previously, (Yes, I'm a quite worried! Culliver might think the fudge packers are really just gay, then say something uncalled for to the media before the game... making the score closer than it should be, -- SF 34, GB 23) , I'm still concerned...

But now, I have another issue that worries me. Normally, I don't mind players of the opposite team getting a little banged up, but I really don't like guys getting injuries that end their season/careers. Having said that, I'm a little worried for their new rookie d-lineman Datone Jones. If he keeps running his mouth, he just might get mauled on the first down by one of our vicious o-linemen!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/12/packers-datone-jones-kaepernick-cant-keep-running-like-that/

Originally posted by robniner:
You can bet Dom will make adjustments. Still having nightmares of Kaep running past his defenders on that 56 yard run.

We'll have plays they have never seen before.

dom capers is an overrated idiot
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:

No kidding. I don't think I will be able to sleep throughout the week before the game. I believe it will be a very telling game to see who might come out on top of the divisional games for the season. If we get smoked again, you will know we will have serious issues further down the road when we have to play the Seahawks in the playoffs.
What are they going to do to us in week 1 that they couldnt do in their most recently played game?

Their offense is one dimensional, and their D isnt built to stop Kap. Were going to have to play like crap to lose that game.
Originally posted by Niners99:
What are they going to do to us in week 1 that they couldnt do in their most recently played game?

Their offense is one dimensional, and their D isnt built to stop Kap. Were going to have to play like crap to lose that game.

It's going to be hilarious when we spank them again after they dedicated their entire offseason and 1st round pick on trying to figure out how to stop us.
Originally posted by Rascal:

No kidding. I don't think I will be able to sleep throughout the week before the game. I believe it will be a very telling game to see who might come out on top of the divisional games for the season. If we get smoked again, you will know we will have serious issues further down the road when we have to play the Seahawks in the playoffs.

If they get to the playoffs.

I'm worried for Rodgers and their medical team.

They should pack extra smelling salts.
The Packers have lost a lot of veteran players on their offense and defense. Yes, they've added some good young guys through the draft, but relying rookies to get you past a team that beat you twice in one year is a reach. I think losing Greg Jennings and Dongald Driver is a big leadership loss to their WR corps, losing Charles Woodson is a big leadership loss in their secondary, and they've done little to shore up a leaky run defense in their front 7 aside from drafting a strong DE. Their offensive line doesn't exactly strike fear into the heart of teams either.

Outside of their coach and their QB, this is a very average team. But with Rogers and Matthews as their most recognizable stars, they'll always get a lot of press.

P.S. Matthews is one of my pet peeves. If that guy was any other color than white, he'd be far less hyped. Dude was AT BEST the 4th best LB in the last game he played last year.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
P.S. Matthews is one of my pet peeves. If that guy was any other color than white, he'd be far less hyped. Dude was AT BEST the 4th best LB in the last game he played last year.

Kaepernick made him look like a slow, confused scrub in the playoff game. He turned him around a few times and had him just shrugging his shoulders trying to figure out what to do. No reason why the same thing can't happen again week one.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Kaepernick made him look like a slow, confused scrub in the playoff game. He turned him around a few times and had him just shrugging his shoulders trying to figure out what to do. No reason why the same thing can't happen again week one.

What I'd like to see is Kaep drop the shoulder on him and plow his ass over the goal line. Like Bo Jackson running through the Boz, another over-hyped white linebacker.

(FYI, I do concede that Matthews is a faaaaar better player than the Brian Bosworth ever was, but seriously, this guy is on every GD commercial because of his skin color and the fact he gets about 12 free sacks as season playing against Cutler/Stafford/Ponder, not because he's holding up the tradition of Nitschke and Butkus. Seriously, Ray Nitschke would take one look at this guy's hair, call him a fairy, and go plow his mother.)
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Rascal:

If they get to the playoffs.

You are kidding right ?
Share 49ersWebzone