There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else worried...

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I'm going to be realistic and admit that I am worried about the Packers. They will be gunning for us this season after we dismantled them twice last season. Don't forget that they still have Aaron Rodgers as QB and he will always keep them in the game. No two seasons are alike, so for people to say the result will be the same as last year is just plain silly. So many things change...Kaep can slump/kaep can be even better/49ers defense falls off/injuries/Packers get better/Packers D gets better. Just because they didn't do much to bolster their defense this year, it still can get better. Crazy sh*t happens in the NFL all the time.

I dont think worried is the right word for it but i certainly have a healthy respect for the Packers and our team better have the same. Do I think we have the better team? On Paper yes but this year and this week is going to be different than last year. We will be the favorites this time around where as last year's games both times we were the underdog. We were the ones gunning for them. Now they are going to be gunning for us and they probably want us more than any team in the leauge this year. After all we ended there season by humiliating them. they have been a playoff team and therefore deserve respect. Last year we wanted to beat them in week one to show we were an elite team. This year they will try to return the favor so we had better be ready. If we overlook them even in the slightest we could easily lose the game and I certainly do not want to go into our first meeting with the hawks with an 0-1 record if you really think about it we may have the toughest opening 2 games in the NFL this year and I could see us going 0-2 or 2-0 because both of those teams are extremely skilled and want to make a point, maybe more than all the other teams in the league, by beating us.
[ Edited by ninerfan1984 on May 10, 2013 at 5:33 AM ]
We will be getting ready for them all offseason while installing more of our Kaepernick offense. Pack will see a lot of new stuff in the Stick come September and they won't match up. Now they have some new backs but those rookies are gonna get served by our front 7. Reid will need to learn quick though because Rodgers is no joke
after so many years of being s**tty, it's hard to believe we're actually a team that should beat the pack, but it's true. Their D is average at best. Ours is far above average and our O can now keep up with the best of them.
We beat them twice last year. Not worried one bit.
579 total yards, Not worried at all
Packers are a good team... but if anything I think they have digressed a bit since last season when we went 2-0 against them.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'm just worried that the league will do the Terrell Suggs cheap shots everytime on the read option on Kap..

I remember "Sizzle" giving an interview after he was drafted, he came on with his cap to the side and wearing chains upon chains. He spoke in ghetto slang as though he was a gangsta. Update a few years and during another interview he spoke intelligently and sounded like a college professor. Bottom line he zoomed everyone.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I'm just worried that the league will do the Terrell Suggs cheap shots everytime on the read option on Kap..

I remember "Sizzle" giving an interview after he was drafted, he came on with his cap to the side and wearing chains upon chains. He spoke in ghetto slang as though he was a gangsta. Update a few years and during another interview he spoke intelligently and sounded like a college professor. Bottom line he zoomed everyone.

Kids from the hood think its cool to be ghetto and act hood.
Adults from the hood act like they aren't from the hood act more grown but still have that side.

Source. I was once a kid from the hood now I'm a adult.
IMO
[ Edited by 99problems on May 10, 2013 at 7:35 AM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
My biggest concern will be Reid starting at free safety. He will have some growing pains, and unfortunately he will playing 2 top offenses the first 2 weeks.
Originally posted by 99problems:
Kids from the hood think its cool to be ghetto and act hood.
Adults from the hood act like they aren't from the hood act more grown but still have that side.

Source. I was once a kid from the hood now I'm a adult.
IMO

I grew up on the mean streets. When I had a college interview I didn't talk street, as I'm sure Suggs didn't during to his draft interviews.
Respect them. They can beat us. But we better beat them.
I'm worried about every game, every year. So yeah, i'm worried.
Anytime you play GB, it's a good test. That said, I don't see them stopping our offense and our defense will cause some problems for them. BL: we have too much power for them.
This topic should be made into a group discussion
Aaron Rodgers will not lose to us 3 times in a row