There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Position group discussion: Inside Linebackers

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by buck:
This year will be more of a challenge. Bowman will miss significant playing.
Hope his recovery goes well and rapidly.

Michael Wilhoite did well last year as a back up.

Moody has one year of seasoning.

I hope that Darius Fleming has better luck than he has had.

We could add a ILB in the draft. Jordan Tripp is a third/fourth round possibility.
skuta can play inside to,, not a big need and if we get a backer it will be 6th round or a cheap vet after june first. not worried even with the loss of bowman

Brooks can also play inside as needed esp. with Lemonier and Skuta a year into our system at SAM/WILL.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by English:
Can't see us investing anything more than a garbage time pick on ILB. Current depth looks fine to me.

Yep, dudes on the roster are good enough til Bowman gets back. Will be interesting to see if Skuta plays more ILB this year, or if they keep him strictly at OLB.

agree with these guys. we gotta be happy if we lose the best inside backer in the game but its not tragic for us
Originally posted by NCommand:

We could add a ILB in the draft. Jordan Tripp is a third/fourth round possibility.
skuta can play inside to,, not a big need and if we get a backer it will be 6th round or a cheap vet after june first. not worried even with the loss of bowman

Brooks can also play inside as needed esp. with Lemonier and Skuta a year into our system at SAM/WILL.

I actually think that Brooks might even be a better inside linebacker than he is as an outside backer. I know he played inside in college.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by NCommand:

I actually think that Brooks might even be a better inside linebacker than he is as an outside backer. I know he played inside in college.

hope people can see this an example of why the front office and coaches love guys who multi task
Wilhoite did do well last year I think he will do fine. For some reason everyone around Willis seems to make the pro bowl.
I don't know why people say Brooks on the insode will never happen. I think that if you want to put the best athletes on the field you move Brooks to ILB then rotate Aldon/SKuta/Lemonier on the outside. I think that makes an intriguing unscouted lineup that could hold down the fort until Bowman returns.
Originally posted by Tman:
Move Willis to safety

WHAT THE
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I don't know why people say Brooks on the insode will never happen. I think that if you want to put the best athletes on the field you move Brooks to ILB then rotate Aldon/SKuta/Lemonier on the outside. I think that makes an intriguing unscouted lineup that could hold down the fort until Bowman returns.

Totally agree. I really think that that may end up being our best option. Brooks is a veteran and I think he can pick up the inside backer position fast and perform at a high level there, since he was a stud in college at inside linebacker. Brooks is a big athletic freak and I could really see him doing well playing next to Willis. Then Skuta, Lemonier, Carradine, or a rookie de/olb can either rotate or one of them should be able to hold down the olb position. Then when Bowman comes back, you just slide Brooks back to olb. Truthfully I would feel more confident in Brooks probably then any other guy we have right now or any rookie that would come in to fill in for Bowman.
  • DeUh
A discussion about Football ?

Willis, Wilhoite, Moody, Fleming, Skuta and Brooks sounds pretty good to me but I still think that we will either sign a vet after june first or get a 7th round / UDFA player in the draft ( Xavius Boyd or Steele Divitto are two possibilities ).

I really like Tripp, he sounds like a really hard working athletic kid who could make the transition to the NFL from a small school! I'd be willing to use one of our 7th rounders to trade up in the 4th to grab him if he's there. Plus he has played all LB positions and can also rush the passer and drop into coverage and play the run... so much value! With our stacked roster he could play backup at both ILB and OLB which saves room and he could be a key ST player.