LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Position group discussion: Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post.

I really like what our coaches did w/Boone and what he did with the coaching.

I think both Looney and Kilgore will be on the squad when we open the season.

I like Bykowski and Marquardt to be there as well.

How many linemen do you think we're keeping? Unless you mean that Bykowski and Marquardt will be on the practice squad?

We aren't going to carry 10 OLs on the 53-man.
I am rooting for Marquardt... Went to Skyline (Sammamish, WA ), didn't even play football because they wouldn't let him try out for QB, played basketball instead.

Besides, my daughter knows him and he really looks like Ivan Drago, really BadAss looking, zero body fat.
Agree w/kelpie70, Goodwin is here for the duration of his deal.

Yes, not saying I love it, but I also don't expect Goodwin to be dumped off at this point. We do have plenty of solid options on the interior now. I'm far less sold on the OT situation, but it's so early to worry about that right now.
I think Goodwin and Snyder are locks this year making 8 then possibly one swing tackle however Snyder's signing seems to indicate 8.
What a difference a year make. This time last year we were worrying about an empty slot at RG. With no significant experience for the guys competing at the position. I think going into this year, we have enough bodies for depth, and I'm much more at ease with the backup guys' ability to step in if injury occurred with less of a drop off.
Noob
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Noob

?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Move staley to safety
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by Karma:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Kilgore and Looney are locks? LOL

Well, I see them as far enough ahead of the other backup interior linemen that they should be locks. Who is going to over take them without an injury?

They may be in the lead. But a lock is someone guaranteed a roster spot. Looney, Kilgore, Snyder, Wiggins, Netter will battle it out to be backups. Whoever has the best preseason wins. But the guys you listed aren't locks. Goodwin is more of a lock than them.

I think goodwin, Looney and Kilgore are locks. The niners have been spending time on their development, and unless they take a giant step backwards during pre-season I expect all three of them to make the team. It might look nice to save some of that money from Goodwin, but you don't fire your veteran center when you're pushing for the Superbowl unless he get thoroughly outplayed
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Noob

Karma, love the position group threads, but Netter and Wiggins are young guys too, never played a snap in a reg season game.
How fortunate are we with our o-line that the only need we have is a backup tackle? Hopefully someone can emerge. Even still, we will be lacking in experience at that spot. I guess you can't have everything.
Agree w/kelpie70, Goodwin is here for the duration of his deal.
Apparently Matt Hollywood disagrees:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-offensive-line-dominant-not-set

or at least doesn't feel as confident...........
Originally posted by Tman:
Move staley to safety

No, put him at tight-end........dominate in the red-zone.
I hope one of the tackles works out and makes the 53 man roster.
Share 49ersWebzone