Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Position group discussion: Tight End

double post.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on May 9, 2013 at 5:52 PM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Move Vernon to safety
We are lacking in experience at TE, but I wouldn't call it a position of worry. Vernon Davis was coming on very strong during the playoffs and hopefully he can Colin Kaepernick can continue. Lots of questions marks there, but previous history with our coaching staff suggests that unknown doesn't equal bad when it comes to our team. Whoever wins the battle for the number two and three tight end positions will be ready to go come September.
i'm hoping someone will be willing to send a pick for the loser of the Celek - Morrah battle.
Originally posted by ninergold:
i'm hoping someone will be willing to send a pick for the loser of the Celek - Morrah battle.

Nah teams know that they can wait for our cuts to pick up a decent #2 TE... Bear Pascoe - Giants, Nate Byham - Bucs, Konrad Rueland - Jets.
Not too concerned about the TE spot. Whoever the #2 spot goes to this year will be a hell of a player. The competition's pretty stiff.
Gil Brandt had this to say about McDonald in an article on impact players drafted in the second day.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000167903/article/tyrann-mathieu-montee-ball-among-key-picks-beyond-round-1

He listed 9 players:

Vance McDonald, TE, RiceSan Francisco 49ers, Round 2, No. 55 overall

McDonald is a great steal. He should step right in and contribute from Week 1 as the Niners' second tight end, out-producing the departed Delanie Walker in that capacity. He has the speed and coordination to play the position and possesses very good hands, though he must learn to block better.

Looking forward to seeing him out-produce Delanie this season.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home