There are 600 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Yeah I read it the same way, as 220/20 = 11M a year. 3.3M to the Niners and 7.7M to the City. Peanuts really when you consider the 49ers are paying 30M a season in rent. Those NFL teams are raking it in.

The money that goes to City is paying off the loan the 49ers received from public funds, isn't it.

If it is, then that 7.7 million is a direct benefit to the 49ers. If the team got that money directly, it would still have to pay the loan back.

Or I am confused again.

Yes, it's a piece of the picture in repaying the loan for the stadium. This is from the Merc regarding the refinance they did, before naming rights were announced:

" It will cost at least $69 million in initial financing costs to refinance the loan, plus much more in interest and fees over the long run.

The new projections show the project debt will fall by about $216 million, to roughly $634 million, by the time the stadium opens in summer 2014. That's mostly because fans continue to submit advance payments faster than expected for seat licenses, which allow Niner faithful the opportunity to buy season tickets at a cost of $2,000 to $80,000 apiece. Fans have committed to buying more than $410 million in seat licenses so far.

By the time fans finish paying off their seat licenses in 2022, the loan is expected to shrink to less than $350 million. The remaining debt will be paid off with revenue from naming rights -- a corporate sponsor is still in the works -- ticket fees and rent from the 49ers, which is expected to be in the neighborhood of $30 million a year.

Most of the debt will be 25-year, fixed-rate bonds, while the rest will be five-year, variable-rate bank loans. Carey said the projections show that debt will be gone by 2039, and that includes a buffer of several million dollars per year to pay for stadium operating costs and other expenses.
"
Yes, it's a piece of the picture in repaying the loan for the stadium. This is from the Merc regarding the refinance they did, before naming rights were announced:

" It will cost at least $69 million in initial financing costs to refinance the loan, plus much more in interest and fees over the long run.

The new projections show the project debt will fall by about $216 million, to roughly $634 million, by the time the stadium opens in summer 2014. That's mostly because fans continue to submit advance payments faster than expected for seat licenses, which allow Niner faithful the opportunity to buy season tickets at a cost of $2,000 to $80,000 apiece. Fans have committed to buying more than $410 million in seat licenses so far.

By the time fans finish paying off their seat licenses in 2022, the loan is expected to shrink to less than $350 million. The remaining debt will be paid off with revenue from naming rights -- a corporate sponsor is still in the works -- ticket fees and rent from the 49ers, which is expected to be in the neighborhood of $30 million a year.

Most of the debt will be 25-year, fixed-rate bonds, while the rest will be five-year, variable-rate bank loans. Carey said the projections show that debt will be gone by 2039, and that includes a buffer of several million dollars per year to pay for stadium operating costs and other expenses.
"

By 2039 the stadium will be 25 years old so the debt had better be paid off!
Originally posted by English:

After that it will be completely worthless, good point.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by English:

After that it will be completely worthless, good point.

Why after 25 years will it be completely worthless?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Harbaugh got all dressed up for the event I see.

photoshopped???

Who's the guy on the left?

Nicholas Cage

[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on May 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM ]
Hopefully they re-think the stadium name before all the signage is made. Levi Strauss Field sounds so much better than "Levi's Stadium".

Just saying it sounds awkward. "Were going out to Levi's Stadium". Even "Levi" Stadium sounds better.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for niners_guy.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hopefully they re-think the stadium name before all the signage is made. Levi Strauss Field sounds so much better than "Levi's Stadium".

Just saying it sounds awkward. "Were going out to Levi's Stadium". Even "Levi" Stadium sounds better.

I think Bill Walsh Field carries over. So it will be xyz stadium regardless.
Originally posted by buck:
Yeah I read it the same way, as 220/20 = 11M a year. 3.3M to the Niners and 7.7M to the City. Peanuts really when you consider the 49ers are paying 30M a season in rent. Those NFL teams are raking it in.

The money that goes to City is paying off the loan the 49ers received from public funds, isn't it.

If it is, then that 7.7 million is a direct benefit to the 49ers. If the team got that money directly, it would still have to pay the loan back.

Or I am confused again.

The team didn't take out the loan.

The City and the 49ers formed a 3rd entity known as the Stadium Authority. The Stadium Authority took out the loan of about 850 million from several banks. That 7.7 or so mil per year goes to the Stadium Authority to pay down the debt.

ANY money that goes into paying off the stadium is beneficial to the team, but that 7.7 doesn't go to the 49ers.

Also...."public funds" is incorrect. The only public funds going into the stadium were redevelopment $$$ already onhand for the city. Thats money that is set aside for large projects. That money will not be paid back, but once the Stadium is paid off, the city owns it. I don't remember the exact figures but that was about 100 mil of the 1.2 billion dollar stadium...or less than 10%.

I think Bill Walsh Field carries over. So it will be xyz stadium regardless.

I think you are correct. I think there is a reason they didn't use "Field".

My guess is there will be some sort of ceremony moving some patch of grass or something from Candlestick over to Levi's Stadium and then they will officially make the Bill Walsh Field announcement.

The name is done man. Branding and signage has already began. Can't be Field because we already have Bill Walsh field. And they don't have a trademark on Levi, that is just some dudes name. Levi's is a trademarked brand name.

The name is done man. Branding and signage has already began. Can't be Field because we already have Bill Walsh field. And they don't have a trademark on Levi, that is just some dudes name. Levi's is a trademarked brand name.

The company is called "Levi Strauss". Theres no reason they couldnt make that the official name.

The company is called "Levi Strauss". Theres no reason they couldnt make that the official name.

But there's obviously a reason they didn't.

Good point Levi Strauss & Co. Stadium flows off the tongue.

They chose this opportunity to promote their Levi's brand, since they are paying I think they get to make that choice.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

photoshopped???

Nicholas Cage

Why is there exploding toilet paper behind them? I dont f**king get it
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

photoshopped???

Nicholas Cage

Why is there exploding toilet paper behind them? I dont f**king get it

their new jeans wipe your ass for you, thus no need for toilet paper