There are 168 users in the forums

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Harbaugh got all dressed up for the event I see.

photoshopped???

Who's the guy on the left?

Nicholas Cage

[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on May 12, 2013 at 5:04 PM ]
Hopefully they re-think the stadium name before all the signage is made. Levi Strauss Field sounds so much better than "Levi's Stadium".

Just saying it sounds awkward. "Were going out to Levi's Stadium". Even "Levi" Stadium sounds better.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hopefully they re-think the stadium name before all the signage is made. Levi Strauss Field sounds so much better than "Levi's Stadium".

Just saying it sounds awkward. "Were going out to Levi's Stadium". Even "Levi" Stadium sounds better.

I think Bill Walsh Field carries over. So it will be xyz stadium regardless.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Yeah I read it the same way, as 220/20 = 11M a year. 3.3M to the Niners and 7.7M to the City. Peanuts really when you consider the 49ers are paying 30M a season in rent. Those NFL teams are raking it in.

The money that goes to City is paying off the loan the 49ers received from public funds, isn't it.

If it is, then that 7.7 million is a direct benefit to the 49ers. If the team got that money directly, it would still have to pay the loan back.

Or I am confused again.

The team didn't take out the loan.

The City and the 49ers formed a 3rd entity known as the Stadium Authority. The Stadium Authority took out the loan of about 850 million from several banks. That 7.7 or so mil per year goes to the Stadium Authority to pay down the debt.

ANY money that goes into paying off the stadium is beneficial to the team, but that 7.7 doesn't go to the 49ers.

Also...."public funds" is incorrect. The only public funds going into the stadium were redevelopment $$$ already onhand for the city. Thats money that is set aside for large projects. That money will not be paid back, but once the Stadium is paid off, the city owns it. I don't remember the exact figures but that was about 100 mil of the 1.2 billion dollar stadium...or less than 10%.
Originally posted by niners_guy:

I think Bill Walsh Field carries over. So it will be xyz stadium regardless.

I think you are correct. I think there is a reason they didn't use "Field".

My guess is there will be some sort of ceremony moving some patch of grass or something from Candlestick over to Levi's Stadium and then they will officially make the Bill Walsh Field announcement.

The name is done man. Branding and signage has already began. Can't be Field because we already have Bill Walsh field. And they don't have a trademark on Levi, that is just some dudes name. Levi's is a trademarked brand name.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

The name is done man. Branding and signage has already began. Can't be Field because we already have Bill Walsh field. And they don't have a trademark on Levi, that is just some dudes name. Levi's is a trademarked brand name.

The company is called "Levi Strauss". Theres no reason they couldnt make that the official name.

The company is called "Levi Strauss". Theres no reason they couldnt make that the official name.

But there's obviously a reason they didn't.

Good point Levi Strauss & Co. Stadium flows off the tongue.

They chose this opportunity to promote their Levi's brand, since they are paying I think they get to make that choice.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

photoshopped???

Nicholas Cage

Why is there exploding toilet paper behind them? I dont f**king get it

Originally posted by xtm059:

photoshopped???

Nicholas Cage

their new jeans wipe your ass for you, thus no need for toilet paper
took this pic on my way back to SoCal today...

Originally posted by xtm059:

photoshopped???

Nicholas Cage

That's just what happens when Baalke farts.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Sounds like you are in the advertising industry. I have been doing it for over 20 years now.

There are 2 possibilities here :

1) Wilson was used and paid like any celebrity to simply shoot the spot and end of story
2) Or Levi's may sponsor Wilson as a spokesperson for the Levi's brand under contract

Either way, it is still not wise for the part of the 9ers or even Levi's as it is a PR nightmare. It is just really awkward to explain and defuse it. One thing for sure, that spot will never be aired again. I sure hope the PR agencies are preparing the Q & A for both parties now. One thing for sure, the media is going to kill it cos is a massive piss-take.

Originally posted by Rascal:
LOL. I am sorry, you are making me laugh.

OK, so in your opinion, there is absolutely no conflict of interest right ?

So, based on your media answer, I suppose Levi's should carry on airing the Russell Wilson spot then ?

And what about on the part of the 9ers ? What if there was an uproar from the 9ers fans upon finding out Russell Wilson is in fact a spokeperson for the Levi's brand ?

And by the way what if and when the media decides to make a story out of this ? Would you for one be happy if you see headlines plastered across the media "49ers' New Stadium Partner Levi's Sponsors Divisional Rival Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson" ?

I don't know whether you remember Boris Becker, the tennis player ? He was sponsored by Ford and was caught speeding in a Porsche. It turned into a PR nightmare once local news turned international.

Oh well, if you think is hunky dory, then be it.

To me, there is a conflict of interest here, unless Levi's decides to drop Russell Wilson as a spokesperson for the brand now, it will be highly inappropriate.

Is like if Manchester United sells Old Trafford's naming rights to Levi's and yet Levi's sponsors the lead striker of Chelsea. That will never happen !!

Based upon your twenty years of experience, when exactly are we going to see this predicted PR nightmare plastered across the media?
Originally posted by buck:
Based upon your twenty years of experience, when exactly are we going to see this predicted PR nightmare plastered across the media?

It's a total PR nightmare!

There's non-stop news coverage of this disaster 24/7!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone