There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Originally posted by dugo:
Ive tried looking through the other Stadium thread before ,but didn't see anything ,,Does anyone know or has it been talk about,,just how loud Levi's stadium can get? Its a pretty open design,,I hope we become just as distracting as other new stadiums to the visiting teams...



All the denim fans will be wearing is gonna absorb and muffle any noise

The silence will be deafeningly golden...hail to the victorious deaf!
Interesting breakdown of the naming rights cuts in the NFCW . . .

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99312/stacking-up-nfc-west-naming-rights-deals

day-am, it's pricey to do biz in Cali
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Interesting breakdown of the naming rights cuts in the NFCW . . .

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99312/stacking-up-nfc-west-naming-rights-deals

day-am, it's pricey to do biz in Cali

its not Cali so much its just that the Niners are a premier franchise unlike the seahawks, rams, or cards. lol
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 989
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Or maybe that the 49ers won't retire his number this offseason and another player will use it. lol

It's Eric Reid :)
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Pretty good deal. Metlife has a bigger number, but it covers 2 teams.

Yep. Best deal for a single team in NFL is SF's.


Also - clearly gonna be Bill Walsh Field at Levi Stadium, which flows better than just the latter. Nicknames like "The 501" are fine, too.
[ Edited by captveg on May 9, 2013 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
FWIW . . . I've never once seen the Russell Wilson Levi add on TV and had no clue he had/has a relationship with the company until today.

I'm not sure it has ever aired on TV... might just be a viral spot.


The spot ran on ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC from early to late last September.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2012/09/20/Marketing-and-Sponsorship/Wilson.aspx

That's cool. Still waiting on your "PR nightmare" to happen.
Originally posted by kray28:
Terrible naming choice. Levi's? For real?

They're playing in the heart of Silicon Valley. I can't believe one of the big boys didn't step up to the plate.

Was hoping for Google Stadium or Apple Stadium...
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 14,278
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by dugo:
Ive tried looking through the other Stadium thread before ,but didn't see anything ,,Does anyone know or has it been talk about,,just how loud Levi's stadium can get? Its a pretty open design,,I hope we become just as distracting as other new stadiums to the visiting teams...



All the denim fans will be wearing is gonna absorb and muffle any noise

The silence will be deafeningly golden...hail to the victorious deaf!

You know, back in the eighties, when the 49ers were epic, we wore a lot of denim. I'm just saying.


"Look who's talkin', Denim Dan. You look like the president, chairman and C.E.O. of Levi Strauss."
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by mattster03:
After a day of thinking about it... the name is actually starting to grow on me.

I wouldnt mind it if they called it "Levi Strauss Field". "Levi's Stadium" sounds dumb, like its owned by some guy named Levi.

Still unsure of how a weak 11 mil/year offer won the bidding over all the filthy rich tech companies...


Tech companies have to worry about building technology. Clothing companies are 80% brand name and marketing.

eh, I dont buy that. AT&T paid megabucks for the Giants stadium naming rights, and made the park into the worlds biggest wifi hotspot.

Companies like Apple, eBay, Google, Yahoo, etc. are on the same level as AT&T as far as making money goes. The only thing I can think of is that most tech companies already advertise so much via the internet and through social networking, they dont need to bother with a stadium.

Outside Apple, it seems like the silicon valley business giants dont both much with commercials. Still, it wouldve been nice to partner with their home team. We should have been able to finance SO much more than 220 mil. of that stadium via naming rights.

With all the 49ers history, the rarity of a state of the art stadium in the bay area, the 49ers being the best team in the NFL right now, and on the rise, etc., I think Levi's got a great deal marketing wise. Seems like naming rights shouldve been in much higher demand.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by mattster03:
After a day of thinking about it... the name is actually starting to grow on me.

I wouldnt mind it if they called it "Levi Strauss Field". "Levi's Stadium" sounds dumb, like its owned by some guy named Levi.

Still unsure of how a weak 11 mil/year offer won the bidding over all the filthy rich tech companies...


Tech companies have to worry about building technology. Clothing companies are 80% brand name and marketing.

eh, I dont buy that. AT&T paid megabucks for the Giants stadium naming rights, and made the park into the worlds biggest wifi hotspot.

Companies like Apple, eBay, Google, Yahoo, etc. are on the same level as AT&T as far as making money goes. The only thing I can think of is that most tech companies already advertise so much via the internet and through social networking, they dont need to bother with a stadium.

Outside Apple, it seems like the silicon valley business giants dont both much with commercials. Still, it wouldve been nice to partner with their home team. We should have been able to finance SO much more than 220 mil. of that stadium via naming rights.

With all the 49ers history, the rarity of a state of the art stadium in the bay area, the 49ers being the best team in the NFL right now, and on the rise, etc., I think Levi's got a great deal marketing wise. Seems like naming rights shouldve been in much higher demand.

You answered your own question. Google & Apple have little to gain with naming a stadium.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by mattster03:
After a day of thinking about it... the name is actually starting to grow on me.

I wouldnt mind it if they called it "Levi Strauss Field". "Levi's Stadium" sounds dumb, like its owned by some guy named Levi.

Still unsure of how a weak 11 mil/year offer won the bidding over all the filthy rich tech companies...


Tech companies have to worry about building technology. Clothing companies are 80% brand name and marketing.

eh, I dont buy that. AT&T paid megabucks for the Giants stadium naming rights, and made the park into the worlds biggest wifi hotspot.

Companies like Apple, eBay, Google, Yahoo, etc. are on the same level as AT&T as far as making money goes. The only thing I can think of is that most tech companies already advertise so much via the internet and through social networking, they dont need to bother with a stadium.

Outside Apple, it seems like the silicon valley business giants dont both much with commercials. Still, it wouldve been nice to partner with their home team. We should have been able to finance SO much more than 220 mil. of that stadium via naming rights.

With all the 49ers history, the rarity of a state of the art stadium in the bay area, the 49ers being the best team in the NFL right now, and on the rise, etc., I think Levi's got a great deal marketing wise. Seems like naming rights shouldve been in much higher demand.

As somebody else already stated, when was the last time google, apple, yahoo, or ebay put their name on anything that wasnt their own product? Answer is they don't. While it makes sense to us for them to do so, they obviously don't feel the same way.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I'm good with it, don't see why the complaining?

it doesn't sound intimidating....like Quest Field, or Oracle Area, or Gillette Stadium....orr...Soldier Field...

It's the name of a stadium... Who really cares? What needs to be intimidating more than anything, is the team playing in the stadium!
Originally posted by dugo:
Ive tried looking through the other Stadium thread before ,but didn't see anything ,,Does anyone know or has it been talk about,,just how loud Levi's stadium can get? Its a pretty open design,,I hope we become just as distracting as other new stadiums to the visiting teams...

I read awhile ago that it was designed to be loud, that's one of the reasons they put the fans who are outside on one side and a tower of boxes on the other. The sound is supposed to echo off of the tower and back down onto the field.