There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NAMED: Levi's® Stadium thread

Originally posted by kidash98:
We're a San Francisco team, it "kinda " comes with the territory. Sucks, I know, but it is what it is...

No s**t ive been hearing em for years but i really dont give a s**t ive been over it for a long time i was just commenting for what the common concern on here has seemed to be.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Arrowhead
Bank of America
Century link
Cowboys stadium
Edward jones dome
Ever bank
Fedex
First energy
Ford
Georgia dome
Gillette
Heinz
Hubert h Humphrey
Lambeau
Lincoln financial
LP
Lucas Oil
M&T Bank
Mercedes-Benz
MetLife
O.co
Paul Brown
Qualcomm
Ralph Wilson
Raymond James
Reliant
Soldier Field
Sports Authority
Sun Life
University of Phoenix

I'd say only Arrowhead, Lambeau & Soldier Field have better names than us. Candlestick is #1 but that's now over with

candlestick is a stupid name if you think about it

Exactly.

If no one ever heard the name "Candlestick", and then the stadium was named "Candlestick" stadium, people would be screaming about how gay it sounds.
Levi stadium is actually really cool if you compare it to most of the others like Darko said.

"Arrowhead" and "Soldier Field" are the only ones that sound cooler than ours in all honesty. "Lambeau" only sounds cool because you've heard it before. Pretty lame if you had never heard it before though.

I mean look at some of these:
Dorky: Lincoln financial, Heinz, Hubert H Humphrey
Lame: Sports Authority, University of Phoenix, M&T Bank
Boring: MetLife, Paul Brown, Sun Life, Bank of America

Reliant -- OK.
Ford -- OK.
Century Link -- OK.

Levi -- Not bad. Not "Arrowhead" or "Soldier Field", but not bad.
*** I really hope they call it "Levi" and not "Levi's".

Another bonus is that Levi isn't likely to get purchased anytime soon so we won't have a revolving door of names.

It's Levi's. Levi is a person's name. Levi's is a jeans company.

Actually Levi Strauss is the name of the company, not Levi's Strauss.

But it's not Levi Strauss Stadium. It's Levi's Stadium.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
We're a San Francisco team, it "kinda " comes with the territory. Sucks, I know, but it is what it is...

No s**t ive been hearing em for years but i really dont give a s**t ive been over it for a long time i was just commenting for what the common concern on here has seemed to be.

It's the off-season, bro. People complain about everything and have their panties in a bunch cuz' there is no game played. It's freaking hilarious, if you ask me.

It's the off-season, bro. People complain about everything and have their panties in a bunch cuz' there is no game played. It's freaking hilarious, if you ask me.

Oh hell yeah it is first thing i thought when i got the tweet of the naming of the stadium was i need to get to the zone and watch the freakout unfold. So far i have not been let down.
Yes, they opted to name it after their most popular brand, not the company name itself.

Perhaps Levi Strauss Stadium came off a bit tedious.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Cool. I guess all of you are crying because it isnt as cool as "google" or something, but it is a solid brand that will be around and already pay a lot of money to advertising. No issues.

Continue with your crying.

This. I'm fairly confident in 20 yrs Levis will still be around.... Google, who knows?
Just for comparison......when the Cardinals were shopping around for naming rights here in Arizona, some of the contenders included Pink Taco, Dick's Sporting Goods, Swift Transportation and some others. Ultimately University of Phoenix purchased the rights to a stadium in Glendale....for 155 million over 20 years.

Bottomline, the 49ers did very well, and it could have been MUCH MUCH worse.
Originally posted by AUniner:
This. I'm fairly confident in 20 yrs Levis will still be around.... Google, who knows?

Also, it's got long ties with San Francisco going back to 1873......that's some major staying power for a regional entity.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yes, they opted to name it after their most popular brand, not the company name itself.

more then likely people know the brand name Levis a little more then Levi Strauss being Levis is the common advertised name.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Levi Strauss sounds better than Levi's Strauss.
Levi Stadium sounds better than Levi's Stadium.

For now it's officially "Levi's Stadium". Which is awkward, because no one is going to pronounce "Levi's" *pause* "Stadium". When people say the name, it will sound like they are saying, "Levi Stadium", so why not just call it "Levi Stadium"?
***any posts mentioning religion or the like will come with a 25% warning

^^^ what's with the toilet paper backdrop?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Levi Strauss sounds better than Levi's Strauss.
Levi Stadium sounds better than Levi's Stadium.

For now it's officially "Levi's Stadium". Which is awkward, because no one is going to pronounce "Levi's" *pause* "Stadium". When people say the name, it will sound like they are saying, "Levi Stadium", so why not just call it "Levi Stadium"?

because levi is just someones name where as Levis is a trademarked brand name owned by Levi Strauss Company.
Get your big boy pants on!