There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is this our last season with Roman?

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
If the Niners fall short of the high expectations that are on them, I think Roman is a likely scapegoat...so yes. While I certainly don't wish for failure, if it happens, I think that Roman will probably get the blame.

good, he should
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
logical choice would be qb coach geep chryst. If im not mistaken hes also the passing game coordinator?

LOL....I would consider that a downgrade. Burning dumpster fire doesn't even begin to describe his only stint as an offensive coordinator. If he's truly the one responsible for the putrid gameplanning in the passing game, he's the last guy you want calling the plays.
If the Niners fall short of the high expectations that are on them, I think Roman is a likely scapegoat...so yes. While I certainly don't wish for failure, if it happens, I think that Roman will probably get the blame.

That's why it's important to be consistent with the blame.

I thought our playcalling was garbage against Green Bay. Nobody cared. "But we won the game".
Ok, great, so what happened the next few weeks? Next week we do nothing in Seattle. And the week after than we do nothing against the Colts at home.

It's easy to be critical when we are losing, but it's hard to call it like it is when we are winning.
On the positive note, our scheme has improved slightly. We don't continue the endless shifting, shifting, shifting, motion, shifting, audible, motion, shifting, like we did in game one and three.
We still do far too much cute stuff, and Kap is forced to work from the pistol too often, but we did a lot more IForm against the Rams, which helped us a lot. We ran some NORMAL play action out of it, but still we tried to run some read option garbage. It is still hurting us.

I recognized all of this from the first game, which was a win, because I don't care if it's a win or a loss, I try and call it like it is.
Are there any real WCO guys out there who'd consider coming here?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Are there any real WCO guys out there who'd consider coming here?

If Roman leaves Harbaugh is just going to promote Geep Chryst
At times I wish the 9ers would get rid of him but then then there are games that he calls and I'm glad he's the OC ,,So if this is his last season here,,I wouldn't be to upset.I think Harbaugh is smart enough to fill the opening with someone that ran something really similar
Originally posted by Jcool:
If Roman leaves Harbaugh is just going to promote Geep Chryst

Yup.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Lame Kiffin will be on the staff within the week---he will be harbaugh's next mangenius

Lane Kiffin is actually a decent playcaller. He would be an upgrade to Roman.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It's easy to be critical when we are losing, but it's hard to call it like it is when we are winning.

This is the hardest part of being a true fan...being objective, doing your research and be willing to point out the negative as well as the positives. I was like you...I also pointed out how poor CK's mechanics were and how off his passes were (in the wn against GB) and it certainly has carried over th past 3 games.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

This is the hardest part of being a true fan...being objective, doing your research and be willing to point out the negative as well as the positives. I was like you...I also pointed out how poor CK's mechanics were and how off his passes were (in the wn against GB) and it certainly has carried over th past 3 games.

Quarterback accuracy hasn't been perfect, but it hasn't stalled out our drives either.
Harbaugh will NOT fire Roman
Lame Kiffin will be on the staff within the week---he will be harbaugh's next mangenius

No, not worth the drama
If we create a new one of these threads every year, sooner of later it will be true.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
logical choice would be qb coach geep chryst. If im not mistaken hes also the passing game coordinator?

LOL....I would consider that a downgrade. Burning dumpster fire doesn't even begin to describe his only stint as an offensive coordinator. If he's truly the one responsible for the putrid gameplanning in the passing game, he's the last guy you want calling the plays.

I had no clue he was a previius coordinator, ill take ur word for it. I dont think he actually gets to call the passing plays during the game. if they actually break up the play calling that would explain why at times it seems like there's no rhyme or reason.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

No... No he wouldn't.