There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is this our last season with Roman?

Bring in Denny Green as a passing game consultant.

Not serious.

Okay, maybe a little.
Originally posted by vermonator:
I don't see Roman going anywhere, anytime soon.

He's drawn interest for a lot of college jobs and is reportedly considered a frontrunner for the USC job along with Mike Riley and Pep Hamilton.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's drawn interest for a lot of college jobs and is reportedly considered a frontrunner for the USC job along with Mike Riley and Pep Hamilton.

Jack Del Rio
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
good, he can leave early if he wants.
Originally posted by cciowa:

I'm not sure how serious you were but He can't leave early. NFL assistants can't leave in-season unless its for an NFL head coaching job
AND his current team is in the playoffs. We're nowhere near the playoffs. I guess he could do a Bobby Petrino but there's only 1 Bobby "Dbag" Petrino
Thank God! And I don't think he would do that to Harbaugh, even for the USC job.
[ Edited by gavindirishmen on Sep 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

I'm not sure how serious you were but He can't leave early. NFL assistants can't leave in-season unless its for an NFL head coaching job
AND his current team is in the playoffs. We're nowhere near the playoffs. I guess he could do a Bobby Petrino but there's only 1 Bobby "Dbag" Petrino
Thank God! And I don't think he would do that to Harbaugh, even for the USC job.
i am 100 per cent serious. he already cost us one game this year with his stupidity. he cost us the super bowl and should have been fired as soon as the players walked off the field , exceptions can be made and if he gets the job,, i am sure we can make an exception to let him leave early
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

i am 100 per cent serious. he already cost us one game this year with his stupidity. he cost us the super bowl and should have been fired as soon as the players walked off the field , exceptions can be made and if he gets the job,, i am sure we can make an exception to let him leave early

He can leave early if okayed by Jed I believe.

Charlie Weiss split time between New England and Notre Dame when ND hired him midseason.

Roman's biggest flaw is his inability to call the proper play at the proper time, whether that issue stems from poor play design from Geep Chryst(passing game coordinator) or Roman's obsession with easily telegraphed run formations(jumbo package of 2011 and pistol formation of 2013).

Because of said flaw I wouldn't have one problem letting Roman go mid season, most of our run plays come from intense blocking schemes that were taught and developed by Drevno and Solari anyway.

If someone else can even remotely improve the teams ability to call varying plays that are used in the best situation than I'm all for moving forward past Roman.

Whether we like it or not this is the year we will finally lose Fangio, Roman, Tomsula or even our lower assistants like Drevno, Solari, Donatell, and Chryst to other teams.

NFL teams that could go on the prowl for new HC or Coordinators

Steelers - Haley will be a scapegoat before Tomlin gets fired but you never know and Lebeau is getting old as hell.
Giants - will coughlin finally run out of extra lives?
Buccs - Schiano wont survive if he doesn't reward the Glazer's with a playoff berth or even win after all of this drama
Redskins - Shanahan could get the boot if RG3 doesn't regain form unless Snyder is rational and sees that RG3 is what makes this team not the coaches
Vikings - The Ponder/Cassel decision could indicate how hot Frazier's seat is. Going with Cassel could be a full blown attempt to keep his job.
Panthers - Rivera is going to get fired if they don't make the playoffs
Cowboys - Romo or Garrett is going to be gone if they don't make noise in the post season

College teams just to name a few high profile possibilities

USC - open
Texas ( I personally think Mac Brown is out if they don't make it to a bowl game )
Cal ( Sonny Dykes could be a 1 and done if they don't improve )
UNC ( Larry Fedora is not starting out his 2nd year very well )
TCU ( all of that money suddenly being spent on their team could lead to the board turning on long time coach Patterson )
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home