There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is this our last season with Roman?

Originally posted by Jcool:
If Roman leaves Harbaugh is just going to promote Geep Chryst

Sadly, I think the answer is this, unless Roman gets run out of town, but it'll be someone who will run Harbaugh's vision for the offense, don't expect anything outrageous.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
logical choice would be qb coach geep chryst. If im not mistaken hes also the passing game coordinator?

LOL....I would consider that a downgrade. Burning dumpster fire doesn't even begin to describe his only stint as an offensive coordinator. If he's truly the one responsible for the putrid gameplanning in the passing game, he's the last guy you want calling the plays.

I had no clue he was a previius coordinator, ill take ur word for it. I dont think he actually gets to call the passing plays during the game. if they actually break up the play calling that would explain why at times it seems like there's no rhyme or reason.

Our passing game has always left something to be desired under these coaches for me. I do not see pump fakes, shoulder shrugs, keeping your feet somewhat set while scanning/moving in pocket, and back shoulder throws or successful end zone fades.

However one huge highlight of my recent fandom came courtesy of the "Vernon Post" and i remember saying how Geep Chryst called that play, or designed it or something, either way he was a huge factor in the play getting called. Alex said Geep put the play in. SO theres one thing positive i guess.
super bowl loss stink is all over roman's hands
i don't think he'll be a serious head coaching candidate in the pros; maybe in college, but not in the NFL.
Originally posted by Jcool:
If Roman leaves Harbaugh is just going to promote Geep Chryst

I think I saw this on an eye chart once
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Are there any real WCO guys out there who'd consider coming here?

I wonder what kind of job tom rathman would do. he's got more experience in the WCO than most coordinators. Being from the old school I imagine we would see a lot less pistol/designed qb runs and a lot more traditional WCO with short routes and boot legs mixed with our power run game. I think rathman wouId use Kap the same way Steve Young was, instead of the way Michael Vick is.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I think he'll be back next year.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Are there any real WCO guys out there who'd consider coming here?

why--i dont think the niners run the WCO anymore
Sep 30, 2013 at 6:33 AM

hofer36VeteranPosts: 6,366Originally posted by LasVegasWally: Are there any real WCO guys out there who'd consider coming here?

why--i dont think the niners run the WCO anymore

There's always hope!
I have heard Roman mentioned more than once regarding the USC head coach job. Might be a good move for him actually. I don't think he would go before the end of the season though ... although you never know. USC may want to fill it ASAP.
Colin Cowherd mentioned that roman was looked at by USC last year to take the job for this year and is a candidate this year as well
i think roman is great in the run game but his passing formations and use of our receivers and backs as receivers is waaaay lacking. we can do better but we can also do worse so i dont know if him leaving is a great idea unless we have a sure fire OC to come in. we finally have players and talent at the same time so if were gonna replace him i want a proven winner as an OC
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I think the UConn job is more realistic for Roman then USC.
i hope so
I don't see Roman going anywhere, anytime soon.