There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign G Adam Synder (2 year deal)...

Why didn't we just sign him to a one-year deal? In what planet does Snyder have the leverage to get 2 year deal after his terrible tenure in AZ?
Originally posted by dhp318:
Why didn't we just sign him to a one-year deal? In what planet does Snyder have the leverage to get 2 year deal after his terrible tenure in AZ?

Doesn't really matter since the deal is probably low base salary, and very little if any guaranteed money.

insurance back up and familiar with the system

NFL contracts are not guaranteed (he played 1 year of his 5 year deal).
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
never thought I would see the day when we would be signing x niners, i guess he is versatile and i guess we are thin in the depth area on the offensive line . I have nightmares of a bad offensive line when I think of him and not sure why we want to go down that road again
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
its depth so all good

what good does that do if the people that are the depth suck. he did with us, he did with the cards
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:
its depth so all good

what good does that do if the people that are the depth suck. he did with us, he did with the cards

He was a decent starter when he was on the 2011 team.
For the money we will pay him I am sure he can earn some of it
Originally posted by Kolohe:
its depth so all good

Not to mention he is a great leader among the O-line and a fantastic mentor to the younger guys.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KegBert:
its depth so all good

Not to mention he is a great leader among the O-line and a fantastic mentor to the younger guys.

And to make it even sweeter he brings a little knowledge of Arizona's playbook.
Like every Niner now, he will have to earn a place on the roster. If he doesn't play well, he will get cut....plain and simple. Doubt the Niners are looking at him as a tackle. My guess is that Goodwin will really have to step up his game to avoid being cut now that the Niners have 3 guys who can play center or guard.

Plus, I really doubt Snyder will start any games, even if there is an injury. He will probably just play a few snaps a game so he'll remain fresh (and hopefully, play well)...similar to what the Niners did with Davis last year.
[ Edited by nw9erfan on May 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am not sure being the best lineman on a horrid team means he is decent i hope the kid from isu beats him out
  • Riot
  • Veteran
I hope he becomes our Willie Middlebrooks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
And to make it even sweeter he brings a little knowledge of Arizona's playbook.

that is over rated when it comes to run blocking, all you do is impose your will and I am not sure he can do that, in my opinion snyder comes from the K harris and C rachael offensive line school but whatever. we have bigger fish to fry than if a third string back up lineman will make the team
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:
I hope he becomes our Willie Middlebrooks.

hahaha. how many times did we cut that guy and he kept coming back. I remember we would cut him, i would see blood running down the church walls and I knew that was a sign we resigned willie baby