LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

49ers sign G Adam Synder (2 year deal)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Do you think he could back-up the center position? Maybe back up all five positions on the oline.

Bingo, Harbaalke having wishful thinking of the coming season, and the age/condition of Goodwin (who's gonna be replaced soon).
its depth so all good
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
Do you think he could back-up the center position? Maybe back up all five positions on the oline.

Bingo, Harbaalke having wishful thinking of the coming season, and the age/condition of Goodwin (who's gonna be replaced soon).
I like this move. I wonder what they are paying him?
Originally posted by juycho:
I like this move. I wonder what they are paying him?

how could they afford to pay him?
Originally posted by verb1der:

"I'm back b***hes!"
I seem to recall that his real value to us was versatility. He seemed awesome at guard because he repalced Chilo. I think the whole system in Ariz. was so messed up from the floor up that you can't really judge his performance there. Obciously he's a backup/versitile depth guy now who has familiarity with our players and coaches so that's good. He was a good competitor. I wonder if he will get a chance to push to be the center. It's the only place I can see him cracking the lineup. Hey welcome back.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
This guy was terrible for both us and the Cards. If he sees any playing time this year then that's a really, really bad sign for us. Hopefully he's just there as an absolute last resort.
meh
Ha hahaha...I saw a thread earlier that asked 'should we re-sign him", all the board "experts" made jokes about "salvation army' Smiley shud return, etc.., ridiculing the idea. BUT THEY SIGNED HIM, IN SPITE OF ALL THE BOARDS EXPERTS OPINIONS, JOKES, WHATEVER..I cant even find that post, but, if I and others have said it once, we said it a thousand times....NEVER SAY NEVER..
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Well, there goes any hope of a playoff run.

0-16 here we come.

Thanks a lot, Obama.

I spit out my drink

lol

Baalke/JH alwyas are thinking 2-3 moves ahead.

I wonder what they have planned?
Dude is the BACK-UP O LINEMAN, we needed last year. I don't want him, nor like him starting, but we missed this utility guy last yr. , in more ways than one, (esp. late in season when starters were very tired, and we wore down in play offs)..This guy will enable Marquardt and our draft pick to learn and maybe spend a yr. on the PS, Snyder can fill in at every position on the O Line, and that's the depth we need right now.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Baalke/JH alwyas are thinking 2-3 moves ahead.

I wonder what they have planned?

Backs up all 5 positions. We have a UDFA and a rookie as our back up OT's..If Staley or Dixon go down we are in some serious trouble..Now we are good as Snyder (although he is no starter), can fill in at all 5 positions and be the 1st. off the bench..
The thread I was referring to is LOCKED in the FA section of the board..EVERYONE GO ON THERE AND SEE THE NAMES OF ALL THE EXPERTS ON THIS BOARD THAT SAID BOO-HOO TO THIS PICK..Then all you experts explain yourselves
if its to take L. Daivs' spot im fine. still hoping Bykowski or Wiggins steps up as the swing tackle
Share 49ersWebzone