LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

49ers sign G Adam Synder (2 year deal)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Wow didn't know you were a such a good O-lineman in college and the NFL.

But recognizing formations, opposing or ex-teammates strengths and weaknesses would clearly help the team I mean C'mon man use your imagination.
wow, did not know YOU were the expert. you can micromanage however you want,, its all about fundamentals, getting off the ball, getting the push, imposing your will, I think you are over thinking. Its a simple game

Just saying every little input he could give would be useful IMO. I'm not trying to show people how to play the position.
and i never tried to pretend i was a offensive lineman in college and the nfl . I last played football when I was 21 on the sandlots when me and my buddies got destroyed by a bunch of 16 year olds

Alright cc I apologize if I was ever rude to you.
and I am sorry to snap at you
To summarize, I admire the GM/HC for their foresight in signing another backup for the OL. Had they taken an OL in 4th round, i doubt that they would have signed Snyder. They had more need elsewhere, and undoubtedly knew that there was always Snyder in the background as a multi-use back up. That is a F.O. that wants all possible bases covered, and we should acknowledge them for that. Personally, I don't think anyone wants to see snyder playing but he sure is better than someone we don't know...or rather, someone who doesn't know our system. A good insurance policy signing.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on May 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
To summarize, I admire the GM/HC for their foresight in signing another backup for the OL. Had they taken an OL in 4th round, i doubt that they would have signed Snyder. They had more need elsewhere, and undoubtedly knew that there was always Snyder in the background as a multi-use back up. That is a F.O. that wants all possible bases covered, and we should acknowledge them for that. Personally, I don't think anyone wants to see snyder playing but he sure is better than someone we don't know...or rather, someone who doesn't know our system. A good insurance policy signing.

if doc says so.. ok. I still hope the kid from isu beats him out , that would be something and not good for snyder
We will use him as a backup swing tackle I think. No one likes it, but I think our coaches believe in him. People forget that he filled in for Jonas Jennings a lot at LT. He was not bad there, that was his natural college position at Oregon. He struggled at RT, and he was serviceable at guard.

I think the plan might be to see him compete at LT as a backup for Staley, and because Boone is now on the right, have Boone fill in at RT if Davis goes down.

This is a much better situation than we had before.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We will use him as a backup swing tackle I think. No one likes it, but I think our coaches believe in him. People forget that he filled in for Jonas Jennings a lot at LT. He was not bad there, that was his natural college position at Oregon. He struggled at RT, and he was serviceable at guard.

I think the plan might be to see him compete at LT as a backup for Staley, and because Boone is now on the right, have Boone fill in at RT if Davis goes down.

if i recall he was actually respectable vs the ravens on thanksgiving night before he got hurt and then the walls came crashing down?

if i recall he was actually respectable vs the ravens on thanksgiving night before he got hurt and then the walls came crashing down?

At LT, I would never say "the walls came crashing down", but at RT he struggled at times. At guard, he was OK, but not great.
He played LT much earlier on in his career. I can't imagine we brought him in to play guard. We already have plenty of guards. I think he competes at LT for depth, that is my guess at least. He has always been solid at LT.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
At LT, I would never say "the walls came crashing down", but at RT he struggled at times. At guard, he was OK, but not great.
He played LT much earlier on in his career. I can't imagine we brought him in to play guard. We already have plenty of guards. I think he competes at LT for depth, that is my guess at least. He has always been solid at LT.
sorry brian, I did not make myself clear... I was thinking he was decent, he got hurt vs the ravens on thanksgiving,, chilo came in and the walls came crashing down on alex in that game? I think I remember it right
Originally posted by Jbniner:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 10m Veteran G/RT Adam Snyder's 2-year deal with the 49ers is worth $2.45 M with $500 K fully guaranteed.

Retweeted by Matt Barrows
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

Definitely overpaid!

But really, that's cheaper than I expected.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Jbniner:
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 10m Veteran G/RT Adam Snyder's 2-year deal with the 49ers is worth $2.45 M with $500 K fully guaranteed.

Retweeted by Matt Barrows
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite

Definitely overpaid!

But really, that's cheaper than I expected.

I highly doubt he sees the second year of that contract. But the $500k seems to bode well for him to make the 53 man roster.
I hope you guys that still live in the Bay Area are calling up KNBR and The Game, demanding to talk about the 49ers' backup offensive linemen. That's going to make for some great radio.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Prospector:
I hope you guys that still live in the Bay Area are calling up KNBR and The Game, demanding to talk about the 49ers' backup offensive linemen. That's going to make for some great radio.
if you think this is non news then do not come in and talk about it
if you think this is non news then do not come in and talk about it

No, relax. I think it is news and it is worth talking about. But it's still funny to me how passionate we get about every minute roster move, that most of the so-called sports media couldn't care less about. And I wasn't being sarcastic; I would LOVE to hear people call in Gary Radnich to talk about this:

Gary: "Mike in Pacifica, what do you got for me?"
Caller: "I want to talk about the 49ers re-signing Adam Snyder as a swing offensive lineman and a possible push on Goodwin at center."
Gary: "Mike, you're killing me! Anyway, so I was watching Honey Boo Boo last night..."

What I remember of KNBR was a horrible fixation on celebrity nonsense, mixed in with an endless supply of Raiders fans. The Giants could win the World Series and they were still calling in about the bloody useless Raiders.
Snyder as a backup is good value guys, he is not that bad, and can play anywhere.
I am a little late to this party
Share 49ersWebzone