LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ers sign G Adam Synder (2 year deal)...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I actually like this signing. Adam knows the system, knows the team, suffred for a long time during the dark Nolan and Singletary days, wont be asked to do too much hopefully and can back up at all of the OLine spots. Very good pick up IMO. Does anyone know how much is deal is worth?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
.....apart from tackle. He was awful at tackle.

that is what i thought and i am not in favor of bringing back any offensive linemen from that time. like I said i hope the kid from isu takes off and wins a job.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Wow didn't know you were a such a good O-lineman in college and the NFL.

But recognizing formations, opposing or ex-teammates strengths and weaknesses would clearly help the team I mean C'mon man use your imagination.
wow, did not know YOU were the expert. you can micromanage however you want,, its all about fundamentals, getting off the ball, getting the push, imposing your will, I think you are over thinking. Its a simple game

Just saying every little input he could give would be useful IMO. I'm not trying to show people how to play the position.
and i never tried to pretend i was a offensive lineman in college and the nfl . I last played football when I was 21 on the sandlots when me and my buddies got destroyed by a bunch of 16 year olds
By Mike Sando | ESPN.com
Recommend7Tweet9Comments398EmailPrint
The San Francisco 49ers, by most accounts, have the best offensive line in the NFC West and one of the best in the NFL.They've needed a swing tackle and could always use veteran depth.
Snyder
Adam Snyder's return to the team Monday on a two-year contact could help in that regard. Snyder left the 49ers for the Arizona Cardinals last offseason, but the Cardinals released him after selecting two guards in the 2013 draft. Snyder has value as a backup to every position on the line, in my view, and that is how the 49ers would use him if Snyder were to earn a roster spot. Starting center Jonathan Goodwin is entering the final year of a deal paying him $3.7 million in base salary. Daniel Kilgore and Joe Looney are young linemen with promise, but both remain unproven in game situations.Snyder was miscast as a starter for the 49ers and Cardinals; it's not his fault Arizona gave him a $5 million signing bonus as part of a five-year, $17 million deal. Returning to the 49ers makes sense. The coaching staff knows Snyder well, and Snyder knows the staff. Snyder can proceed in the absence of unreasonable expectations. The 49ers can proceed knowing they have another option on the line, should they need one.
Recommend7Tweet9Comments398EmailPrintMike Sando | emailNFLArchive
NFC West Blogger Joined ESPN in 2007 Lives in the Seattle-Tacoma area with his wife and two sons

)---REAL EXPERTS DISAGREE WITH BOARD EXPERTS

[ Edited by toppdogg32 on May 7, 2013 at 9:57 AM ]
  • THEB
  • Veteran
one can argue that quite a few people on this board have more football knowledge then any of those talking head "experts"
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Like every Niner now, he will have to earn a place on the roster. If he doesn't play well, he will get cut....plain and simple. Doubt the Niners are looking at him as a tackle. My guess is that Goodwin will really have to step up his game to avoid being cut now that the Niners have 3 guys who can play center or guard.

Plus, I really doubt Snyder will start any games, even if there is an injury. He will probably just play a few snaps a game so he'll remain fresh (and hopefully, play well)...similar to what the Niners did with Davis last year.

You're the only one in 12 pages to touch on the Goodwin angle.

Here's what I believe is going on with this signing: Marquardt is a candidate for the PUP list. Bykowski is a likely practice-squader. That leaves Wiggins as the back-up swing tackle. Adding Snyder allows them to not rush their two most promising youngsters, AND counter-intuitively, also PUSHES Goodwin. Contrary to what Mike Sando is suggesting, I believe this signing is a sign that either Looney or Kilgore (probably Looney) is ready to push, maybe even unseat Goodwin. If Goodwin doesn't start he's gone because of his salary and his lack of special teams work. They can use his salary savings toward extending Iupati, which has to be a consideration in the Niners' thinking when you realize all the other big name free agents they're going to have shortly (Kaepernick, Aldon, Crabtree, T Brown, etc). If Goodwin loses his job to, say, Looney without Snyder on board, then Kilgore becomes the only back-up along the line with any experience. Adding Snyder immediately gives them 2 back-ups who can play all 5 positions (Kilgore was a college tackle even though he's been working at C-G with the Niners).

Mark my words: you heard it here first.
[ Edited by bret on May 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow didn't know you were a such a good O-lineman in college and the NFL.

But recognizing formations, opposing or ex-teammates strengths and weaknesses would clearly help the team I mean C'mon man use your imagination.
wow, did not know YOU were the expert. you can micromanage however you want,, its all about fundamentals, getting off the ball, getting the push, imposing your will, I think you are over thinking. Its a simple game

Just saying every little input he could give would be useful IMO. I'm not trying to show people how to play the position.
and i never tried to pretend i was a offensive lineman in college and the nfl . I last played football when I was 21 on the sandlots when me and my buddies got destroyed by a bunch of 16 year olds

Alright cc I apologize if I was ever rude to you.
  • CRUD
After reading this article I can't help but laugh like some evil wizard who's concocting a doomsday device:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99043/around-the-nfc-west-advantage-49ers
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I have no idea what will happen and won't try to guess, but I will say that it doesn't look good (pun intended) for Goodwin.

I'm not sure if he's there, but I haven't seen him at "Football School". I think I read that Kilgore is taking first team reps at center.

With Kilgore and Looney both healthy and now the addition of Snyder, that's three back-up interior linemen who know the system and can play center.

I haven't been a huge fan of Goodwin the last couple years. He's pretty average as a blocker and isn't even consistent snapping the ball.

Goodwin may have only kept his job because of experience calling protections. That does trump the other factors.

It will be an interesting training camp this year! Can't wait!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by CRUD:
After reading this article I can't help but laugh like some evil wizard who's concocting a doomsday device:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/99043/around-the-nfc-west-advantage-49ers

@ the cards
I don't remember, did we get a comp pick when Snyder left for Atl?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner:

No, but we did when he left for Arizona.
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 10m Veteran G/RT Adam Snyder's 2-year deal with the 49ers is worth $2.45 M with $500 K fully guaranteed.

Retweeted by Matt Barrows
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by NJNiner:

No, but we did when he left for Arizona.

lol! I am living proof that you should not drink and post.
Share 49ersWebzone