There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign G Adam Synder (2 year deal)...

  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
He was a decent starter when he was on the 2011 team.
i am not sure being the best lineman on a horrid team means he is decent i hope the kid from isu beats him out

Horrid team, the 9ers went to the NFC Championship that year....you follow the 9ers much??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
And to make it even sweeter he brings a little knowledge of Arizona's playbook.

that is over rated when it comes to run blocking, all you do is impose your will and I am not sure he can do that, in my opinion snyder comes from the K harris and C rachael offensive line school but whatever. we have bigger fish to fry than if a third string back up lineman will make the team

Wow didn't know you were a such a good O-lineman in college and the NFL.

But recognizing formations, opposing or ex-teammates strengths and weaknesses would clearly help the team I mean C'mon man use your imagination.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Snyder wasn't bad with us

I remember when Rachal was starting at RG our whole oline sucked, once we plugged in Snyder instead of Rachal it was an instant upgrade and our line was average.

I'll never forget the first Harbowl. I think it was the first drive where Adam Snyder got injured and then I screamed at the TV, "WTF is Chilo Rachal doing in the game?" I think Terrell Suggs had 4 sacks in that game. Alex Smith couldn't even get his feet set after his drop before he got sacked. I don't know who was worse, Chilo or Kwame Harris.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,240
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Horrid team, the 9ers went to the NFC Championship that year....you follow the 9ers much??
i made a mistake so sue me. he was a decent or average lineman on some bad teams before Jh arrived. ok. it is just my opinion which is what this is all about. have you ever made a mistake in your life
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,240
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow didn't know you were a such a good O-lineman in college and the NFL.

But recognizing formations, opposing or ex-teammates strengths and weaknesses would clearly help the team I mean C'mon man use your imagination.
wow, did not know YOU were the expert. you can micromanage however you want,, its all about fundamentals, getting off the ball, getting the push, imposing your will, I think you are over thinking. Its a simple game
Originally posted by slowriot:
Originally posted by 190836:
came back with his tail between his legs. Should have never left!!!

Tail between his legs... and more than $5m for just 1yr in the desert. I'm sure you would have just said knocked back the cash.
Could have gone somewhere else. Plus we are not paying him $5m, so its the case of him coming back with his tail......
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,134
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Wow didn't know you were a such a good O-lineman in college and the NFL.

But recognizing formations, opposing or ex-teammates strengths and weaknesses would clearly help the team I mean C'mon man use your imagination.
wow, did not know YOU were the expert. you can micromanage however you want,, its all about fundamentals, getting off the ball, getting the push, imposing your will, I think you are over thinking. Its a simple game

Just saying every little input he could give would be useful IMO. I'm not trying to show people how to play the position.
I'm a bit surprised given the youth and depth already in place for the interior positions. What I really hope is that this isn't an indication that extension talks with Iupati and/or Boone aren't going well.....
Originally posted by Mookster:
I'm a bit surprised given the youth and depth already in place for the interior positions. What I really hope is that this isn't an indication that extension talks with Iupati and/or Boone aren't going well.....

lol dont read that far into it
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Snyder wasn't bad with us

I remember when Rachal was starting at RG our whole oline sucked, once we plugged in Snyder instead of Rachal it was an instant upgrade and our line was average.

I'll never forget the first Harbowl. I think it was the first drive where Adam Snyder got injured and then I screamed at the TV, "WTF is Chilo Rachal doing in the game?" I think Terrell Suggs had 4 sacks in that game. Alex Smith couldn't even get his feet set after his drop before he got sacked. I don't know who was worse, Chilo or Kwame Harris.

Yep. Chilo being plugged into the game lead to the chop block which negated teddy gins 50+ yard td. That woulda been a game changer.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,231
Good for depth and he knows about Arizona's o-linemen (tendencies, schemes, etc). Now we got one (ex) player from each of our rivals
Wow, when he left, our OL got better. Snyder (way less so than rachal) was a weak link in our chain and I was glad to see him go. Funny, now he represents depth, and experience, and that means Coach H is serious about winning the SB this yr, as he wants back ups all the way around. I thot we were taking an OL in the 5th rd, but it never happened. I guess, Snyder is good for emergency that we all hope doesn't happen. And there is always the chance that a starter goes down. This was an insurance policy.. I have never seen a coach be so thorough about having backups everywhere, to avoid a total shutdown if one indispensible guy goes down. I just hope adam is happy to be here , wants a ring and busts his azz to try and be a great backup and a good OG to give one of our starters a blow.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Wow, when he left, our OL got better. Snyder (way less so than rachal) was a weak link in our chain and I was glad to see him go. Funny, now he represents depth, and experience, and that means Coach H is serious about winning the SB this yr, as he wants back ups all the way around. I thot we were taking an OL in the 5th rd, but it never happened. I guess, Snyder is good for emergency that we all hope doesn't happen. And there is always the chance that a starter goes down. This was an insurance policy.. I have never seen a coach be so thorough about having backups everywhere, to avoid a total shutdown if one indispensible guy goes down. I just hope adam is happy to be here , wants a ring and busts his azz to try and be a great backup and a good OG to give one of our starters a blow.

yea I like adam. but he's awful as a tackle lol
[ Edited by defenderDX on May 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM ]
Joe Staley gets his buddy back.

Snyder is not going to be able to stop talking crap about the Cardinals now.
Don't really like this but I get the reasoning. He will be our new Leonard Davis (who was horrible in pass protection, very slow off the line last year) but at least he can backup probably every spot on the line if we are in a pinch. Could be that extra tackle on Jumbo (hopefully not). If he is EMERGENCY C, LT, RT, LG I am fine with that. Only spot I would want him backing up and not being an emergency guy is RG. The less he sees the field the better. Staley and those guys love him though so he will fit right in with the locker room. Some people will bite me for saying this but I always hated them doing all that tv 49 crap in the Singletary years when they were playing like s**t. When you are playing well and winning games fine but when you are playing horrible and losing games you shouldn't be messing with that stuff. I know I know, they can't be working all the time. It's wrong but it's how I felt at the time.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 6, 2013 at 10:59 PM ]