LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

? for board members on draft pick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
yes Im hopeful they can "manage" 8 wins. but I wouldnt bet on it.

I am more optimistic.

vs Raiders= 2 wins
vs Chargers=2 wins
vs Jaguars=1 win
vs Browns= 1 win
vs Bills =1 win
vs Titians =1 win
vs Broncos=1 win

record 9-7

We win!!!
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Just revealed this morning...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/06/if-chiefs-go-8-8-they-owe-49ers-a-second/

Peter King of Sports Illustrated has filled in the blanks on the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs owe the 49ers to complete the Alex Smith trade, noting that it's a second-rounder if the Chiefs go 8-8 or better, but will be a third if they're 7-9 or worse. Getting to .500 could be a reasonable goal for the Chiefs, who have checked off many boxes this offseason, beginning with finding a QB. And the better Smith plays, the better able his old team will be to make more draft-day moves. The 49ers could have as many as three extra third-rounders in addition to their own picks, which would mean six of the first 100 picks.

so its gonna be a 3rd rounder you say.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/06/if-chiefs-go-8-8-they-owe-49ers-a-second/

Peter King of Sports Illustrated has filled in the blanks on the conditional 2014 pick the Chiefs owe the 49ers to complete the Alex Smith trade, noting that it's a second-rounder if the Chiefs go 8-8 or better, but will be a third if they're 7-9 or worse. Getting to .500 could be a reasonable goal for the Chiefs, who have checked off many boxes this offseason, beginning with finding a QB. And the better Smith plays, the better able his old team will be to make more draft-day moves. The 49ers could have as many as three extra third-rounders in addition to their own picks, which would mean six of the first 100 picks.

so its gonna be a 3rd rounder you say.
I feel like we straight up robbed these guys.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Ya know, peeps keep making that joke, but I'm not so sure. More talent on that roster than people realize, a decent coach, some good rookies and an easy schedule.....8-8 isn't out of the question

I agree.

I see the Chiefs finishing 2nd in the AFC West. Teams that are 2nd in their division typically finish 7-9, 8-8 or better. So it's a very real possibility. It was only a couple years they were a 10-6 playoff team with a lot of the same players. They just needed to find the right HC and QB. Reid and Alex should help stabilize things there.

I want that 2nd rounder!!!!

They do have the Raiders and Chargers. I think Al and Andy could pick up three wins there.

I agree Raiders are a mess as usual and Chargers oline and defense are still a mess.

Thanks for sharing. That's not bad at all. Was figuring 9 wins, 10 at the most. 8 seemed low to me but very happy with that. Like someone said they play the Raiders, Chargers, Titans, Jags, Browns and Bills. Could very well be 6 wins there and that's if they split with the Raiders and Chargers. Could take 3/4 or 4/4. I was hoping Alex and the Chiefs did well, more so now. 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, is looking really good right now with a goldson comp.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM ]
They should feature Baalke on the next episode of Hoarders............
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
They should feature Baalke on the next episode of Hoarders............

Hi, I'm Trent Baalke and I hoard draft picks. Please help me. I mentioned this on another board but I think Baalke's ultimate goal is to have all 254 picks in one draft so he can laugh as the other teams sit in their war rooms on draft day and watch Step Brothers on DVD. Heck could probably wipe out the whole Rambo, Rocky, Lord of the Rings and Die Hard series while they are at it.
Love the idea of Baalke as a pickpocket and a hoarder!

With the new CBA, draft picks are more valuable than before because you know how much they will cost in salary and for how long. Ironically the NFL draft, which is meant to and does increase parity, can now make strong teams stronger. If you lose some guys in free agency -- who you didn't want to resign anyway -- you get new 2nd and 3rd picks, which strong teams can use to stockpile cheap depth, replacing more cheaply those guys who are overrated in free agency, freeing up more cash to sign and keep the guys you really want.
Share 49ersWebzone