There are 222 users in the forums

Return to the mean

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
maybe he meant he was just "struggling" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc65NC44dSk

Lol looks like joe might have been partaking in some pre-game libations.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
seattle should return to their mean by being mediocre.

oh, they will... 0-2 to begin the season

I wonder what all the Seahawk fans, who were saying we would retune to the mean last season, are thinking now?
I think most publications had the 49ers as favorites for the NFC West last offseason. Sure, there were naysayers or whatever, but who cares. You're always going to get people like that.

However, let me say this: a lot sportswriters did indeed suggest the 49ers would take a step backwards in 2012, and in my opinion, there was a lot of truth to what they said. Almost every article I can remember reading mentioned the 49ers' +28 turnover differential -- the 4th-highest total in the NFL since 1940.

Almost every writer said, "hey, the 49ers were probably fortunate with regards to turnovers last year. There's no way that turnover rate is sustainable -- not even the best teams are able to sustain totals that are that lopsided." And the thing is, those writers were right -- the 49ers turnover differential regressed all the way to +9 in 2012. Now, +9 is still great (top 10-ish in the league), but that's still a net drop of 19 turnovers. That's a ton! If I told the 49ers would have 19 less takeaways next season, would you predict they'd win less games? That's the logic sportswriters were using.

To me it really isn't different than saying something like, "Adrian Peterson ran for 2050 yards in 2012. Realistically, he's probably not putting up that many yards again next year. He could still be one of, if not the, most productive back in the league, but last year is probably not repeatable."
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

I wonder what all the Seahawk fans, who were saying we would retune to the mean last season, are thinking now?
They can think?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
maybe he meant he was just "struggling" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc65NC44dSk

Lol looks like joe might have been partaking in some pre-game libations.

"struuuggeeling"
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Patton and Lockette will both make the roster.

Thanks Mr. Harbaugh, nice of you to take time out of your busy schedule

They can think?

Well played!

Probably that we will regress this year because 42-13. Go to any article that mentions the Niners or Seahawks on any major sports site and you'll see what I mean.
Share 49ersWebzone