There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MarQueis Gray

Originally posted by Rascal:
If you are talking about TE, I would rather have Gray over Celek. Gray has far higher upsides.

As for QB, both McCoy and Tolzien looked really pedestrian last night. I saw back-ups from a few other teams played far better such as Kirk Cussons and Josh Johnson. I am putting all my hopes on BJ Daniels and am looking forward to seeing what he can bring perhaps in the next game.

If BJ can grasp some handle on our playbook it would be probable that he could at least move the chains with his athleticism alone. WTF were we thinking keeping Tolzien over Josh Johnson? Of course we don;t know what coach knows but Josh played much better in game 4 last year
He could be along with bj Daniels the Swiss army knife(s)
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
if we waive marqueis gray, he will not clear waivers and go the the PS.
the seahawks need a guy like him, and it's becoming clear that he has a future in the nfl.

the seahawks will steal him.
Originally posted by xcfan:
the seahawks need a guy like him, and it's becoming clear that he has a future in the nfl.

We are keeping the best 53. If he can contribute on special teams we will keep him. As much as Jim likes TEs he might consider keeping 4. VD said at the onset that he expected Gray to stick
How do you say his name?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
How do you say his name?

Mar - keys?
Another reason you have guys like Gray in camp is you see what they can do and if there's enough to like you put him on a list of potential re-signees, possibly the PS if he's got the kind of talent you like, but he gets aced out due to the numbers game.
Had him originally on my 53 as the H-back...hell, he even wears #46 (ala Delanie Walker). Sounds like he's starting to make some noise...could push Celek off or another; maybe keep 4? Tough call but he's got to show a lot these next few weeks!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Rascal:
If you are talking about TE, I would rather have Gray over Celek. Gray has far higher upsides.

As for QB, both McCoy and Tolzien looked really pedestrian last night. I saw back-ups from a few other teams played far better such as Kirk Cussons and Josh Johnson. I am putting all my hopes on BJ Daniels and am looking forward to seeing what he can bring perhaps in the next game.

If BJ can grasp some handle on our playbook it would be probable that he could at least move the chains with his athleticism alone. WTF were we thinking keeping Tolzien over Josh Johnson? Of course we don;t know what coach knows but Josh played much better in game 4 last year

Harbaugh knows Josh Johnson pretty well. He coached him at University of San Diego. I do not think there is any WTF were we thinking in cutting Johnson.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:07 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Harbaugh knows Josh Johnson pretty well. He coached him at University of San Diego. I do no think there is any WTF were we thinking in cutting Johnson.

I am asking WTF were we thinking and I pretty much conceded in my post 6 days ago that Harbaugh knows more than we do because I know that he coached him previously. I heard Harbaugh's comments on the situation last offseason but after the first preseason game I was disappointed in the performance of both backups but I realize that the OL was horrendous as well. I just don't at this point see Tolzien as having a high enough ceiling to be anything more than a 3rd QB and if he were a backup I am not sure he would win the game or two that it would take to qualify us for the postseason or win in the postseason if Kap went down. I am not the QB guru that Harbaugh is but I am left wondering about it because I am an uninformed and uneducated fan as far as being a football coach. I can only see what I saw in game 4 of the preseason where I thought J Johnson had secured the job and this is why I have my questions. Hopefully we never have to answer them ultimately
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 15, 2013 at 2:44 AM ]
I don't know much about Gray's college career but he took advantage of his practice reps while Vance is recovering. Wearing #46 is a coincidence but he could be a faster, more athletic version of Delanie (minus the experience of course).
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I don't know much about Gray's college career but he took advantage of his practice reps while Vance is recovering. Wearing #46 is a coincidence but he could be a faster, more athletic version of Delanie (minus the experience of course).

Not faster. But better hands and route runner. Delaine is a bit of a fumbler as well. Don't think Gray is.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Another roster battle to watch. Garret Celek vs.MarQueis Gray.

Versatility wins out, at least in my mind, maybe, I think. I go with Gray.

TE, H-back, emergency full-back--adds roster flexibility.
Originally posted by xcfan:

Get ready for plenty of this. We are going to have to dump a bundle of guys and some of them are going to get picked up. We have a deep roster and this is the price. Way it is.
I think we end up with 4 TEs. And each guy brings something unique to the table