There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kap voted to Top 100 players of 2013 vNFL players vote......

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Lisa, this whole Percy Harvin thing is going to blow up the Seahawks franchise and I don't mean that in a good way. It's a "win now" desperation move that I'm pretty sure was precipitated by your hard-charging, Microsoft-way billionaire owner. Percy Harvin is one jarring hit away from $27 million in dead money. He's the reason why the Seahawks are going to have a horrible time retaining their best players in the next few years. He's just not good enough to risk a franchise over and I just don't think Carroll would have done something like this without heavy pressure to win now by the owner. And, it's not going to be the first time Paul Allen has blown something up by demanding results faster than any reasonable expectation. That's his way. That's the Microsoft way.

You're not like most Seahawks fans, Lisa, so while the prospect of all this happening is pleasing to me because I find most Seahawks fans to be about the most annoying fans in the history of the NFL, I'm going to feel sorry for you and fans like you ( I know there must be more like you.)

aw, shucks, thanks GN
(and believe me, there are MANY more like me - they just aren't on message boards )

Something tells me that if your "dream disaster" happens, there's a back up plan.
Interesting that your perception is that Mr. Allen was behind the Harvin move. I can't confirm or deny that supposition - he is rarely out front but, I guess that doesn't mean he's not pulling strings behind the curtain. Darrell Bevell, however, was definitely consulted . . .

NFL.com
As the Seahawks' resident expert on Harvin, Bevell became a valuable resource as they considered the merits of making a blockbuster deal with the Vikings. And while news of the trade came down suddenly to those watching from the outside, there was nothing haphazard about the transaction on the inside. It was thought through. It was researched. It was agonized over.

"There were different times I was asked, by both Pete and (general manager) John (Schneider)," Bevell said. "My reply was the same: It's easy to see what he can do on the field, and off the field, I never had one issue with him. We had a good relationship, an open line of communication; we could always talk. There were no run-ins. Percy's just a very competitive guy who wants to win and wants you to show him how he can help you win.

I'm not one that's going make any wild proclamations about the team I follow and I'm certainly not one to "wish summer away" (it's precious up here in the great northwest) but, I really can't wait for September - to see if the promise of the awesome competition in the NFCW comes to fruition. As for Harvin specifically, it will be interesting to see how he responds to the change of scenery, new personnel and new (and old) coaches, etc.
He should've been the #8 QB. The only QBs that should be higher than him are, Rodgers, Flacco, Brees, Ryan, Brady, and both Mannings.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Lisa, this whole Percy Harvin thing is going to blow up the Seahawks franchise and I don't mean that in a good way. It's a "win now" desperation move that I'm pretty sure was precipitated by your hard-charging, Microsoft-way billionaire owner. Percy Harvin is one jarring hit away from $27 million in dead money. He's the reason why the Seahawks are going to have a horrible time retaining their best players in the next few years. He's just not good enough to risk a franchise over and I just don't think Carroll would have done something like this without heavy pressure to win now by the owner. And, it's not going to be the first time Paul Allen has blown something up by demanding results faster than any reasonable expectation. That's his way. That's the Microsoft way.

You're not like most Seahawks fans, Lisa, so while the prospect of all this happening is pleasing to me because I find most Seahawks fans to be about the most annoying fans in the history of the NFL, I'm going to feel sorry for you and fans like you ( I know there must be more like you.)

Wow you're really reaching, and I'm just a big a 49er as you. Harvin's contract isn't even unreasonable for a player of his talent. Paying Harvin that kind of money is not "risking your franchise." Holy cow what an overstatement.
Hell, let Kaep hang out at 81 because he only played 10 games and one might argue that Alex was playing rather well also at a 104 QB rating and over 70% completion and I am sure he didn't make the list. Give Kaep time and if his curve keeps ascending at the rate it has been I am sure he will get his due in the top half of 100 best NFL players soon. It wouldn't surprise me if he is regarded as a top 5 QB in the next couple of seasons health permitting
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I wonder who elsa made the top 100 while only playing 10 games.... food for thought

Percy Harvin :)
(#90, played 9 games prior to injury)

His first year playing?

That wasn't the original question but, no.
Percy played 15 games in his first season, won the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year, went to the ProBowl and was selected as a Sporting News All Pro.
Not a bad rookie year

He's still a Seahawk.....