There are 191 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kap voted to Top 100 players of 2013 vNFL players vote......

Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

those are the guys I would rank ahead of Kaep, right now.

14th sounds about right, RIGHT NOW.

Kaep > Ryan, Wilson, Luck, RG3, Stafford, Flacco and Schaub. I'd take him over Big Ben and Eli too, but people will argue they are better because of their 2 rings. That said, the only QBs that should be ranked ahead of him without question are Peyton, Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

It really doesn't bother me that those QBs will likely be ahead of Kaep on the top 100 because their reasoning will be that Kaep didn't play as much. Meh.
Some of those players Bluefalcon has rated above Kaepernick are real head scratchers. I mean, how on earth does anyone rate Stafford or Schaub above him. That just makes no sense whatsoever. I guess you give the nod to Rothlesberger, Flacco and Eli Manning because of their championships, but I'd rather have Kaepernick than any of those guys right now.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Some of those players Bluefalcon has rated above Kaepernick are real head scratchers. I mean, how on earth does anyone rate Stafford or Schaub above him. That just makes no sense whatsoever. I guess you give the nod to Rothlesberger, Flacco and Eli Manning because of their championships, but I'd rather have Kaepernick than any of those guys right now.

10 games, GNielsen. 10 games. That is the ONLY reason why.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

6more games gave midget wilson 60 spots higher...that ranking is fo show biased
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by MILFS:
way too low for a QB who led his team to a near SB victory in his 13th NFL start. that fact in itself is amazing and deserves consideration for a top 35 player.

next year he'll be within the top 15 guaranteed.

GO NINERS f**k THE REST

It's very likely Alex could have gotten just as far, given the previous year. You don't see Alex in the Top 100.

No. Just no.

The previous year, the defense was playing at a ridiculous level and carried the team to victories. Have you already forgotten the amount of turnovers they forced that year? The defense was the strength of that team and there's really no argument.

In 2012, however, the defense fell off the face of the earth once Justin and Aldon got hurt. They were downright terrible in the postseason. This time, the offense picked up the slack. The offense led by Colin Kaepernick.

Saying Alex would have very likely done the same holds no weight. Alex has never carried the team on his back. He never will with KC, either. Even in the comebacks he gets credit for, they simply don't happen if the defense doesn't put them in position. Alex was NEVER the main reason the team won any game, much less a playoff game. If the defense doesn't force 5 turnovers against the Saints, there is no "Catch 3" because we're probably getting blown out. Kaep was by far the main reason we dismantled the Packers at home. Without him, we don't come back against Atlanta or Baltimore. Alex simply is not that kind of QB.

In 2011, it was the defense. In 2012, it was the offense that got us further than 2011.

So, no, Alex isn't in the top 100 (it would be ridiculous if he is) and he doesn't deserve to be. Don't try to diminish Kaep's accomplishments. We won for different reasons with Kaep than with Alex.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

6more games gave midget wilson 60 spots higher...that ranking is fo show biased

How do you know where Wilson is ranked? They haven't even gotten that far, have they?

Yeah, I get it, but I don't agree with that reasoning. In fact, I think the fact that he was thrown in there mid-season without a pre-season working with the first team and was able to excel to that level starting cold in his first ten starts should bump him up and not down. Again, who have you ever seen start his first 10 games in the NFL with such success. I've got to go all the way back to Dan Marino to think of a QB who performed in his first ten starts in such a spectacular fashion.

None of those players above him with the exception of Tom Brady started out so strong. That's all I'm saying.
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
I am curious in this Quarterback ranking how we give the edge to either Kaep or Wilson. If you are going to compare Colin and Russell, then you have to examine who operates their offense better based on what they are trying to do? Both have been in the league for basically one year (Yes Colin has played for two but stared only last year). Both were fantastic in their first year and are worthy of high praise. Wilson lead us back from 20 down in Atlanta and with 31 seconds to go, the blame goes on our defense for losing that game. Colin lead the niners from 17 points down and your defense finished the job. No objective person could honestly say either one is better, this discussion can be shelved till the end of the year after all the other teams have game planned for both and year two's body of work is complete.

This is NinerTalk objectivity gets left at the door. lol

kaepernick is better for the reason that he's not 5' 8" and the inevitable seahawk regression to the mean.
I cant wait to watch Kaep do his thing next season. Kaep is a very special player and it doesn't take more than 10 starts to see that. He should be much higher on this list and I don't think he's being given enough credit for the plays he made from the pocket (without having to run around for 30 seconds first)

He has more arm talent than most of the qb's listed above him on this list. He should be top 40 IMO and that taking his 10 starts into consideration. Knowing how competitive he is this will only add fuel to fire and watching him prove the haters and doubters wrong is sure going to be a blast! GO NINERS GO!
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

those are the guys I would rank ahead of Kaep, right now.

14th sounds about right, RIGHT NOW.

you've probably already been torched for this (for more than I'll point out) but to put Matt Schaub ahead of Kap means you're on crack and you need adult supervision
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by dobophile:
This sounds about right.

Kaep is very talented but he needs to stop skipping legs days at the gym. Dude is becoming too muscular and heavy up top, but his legs remain as scrawny as ever. He will probably snap a tendon or a ligament sometime in the next couple seasons.

Dude no offense but you have no clue what you're talking about

What if I told you that I am offended? It seems not everyone shares your opinion.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You sound knowledgeable on this subject and I would like to know more about it.

You see, this guy gets it.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I wonder who elsa made the top 100 while only playing 10 games.... food for thought

Percy Harvin :)
(#90, played 9 games prior to injury)

His first year playing?
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
I wonder who elsa made the top 100 while only playing 10 games.... food for thought

Percy Harvin :)
(#90, played 9 games prior to injury)

His first year playing?

That wasn't the original question but, no.
Percy played 15 games in his first season, won the AP Offensive Rookie of the Year, went to the ProBowl and was selected as a Sporting News All Pro.
Not a bad rookie year
CK led the league in deep ball accuracy. He's better than Joe Flacco at the thing Joe Flacco is famous for.

All we know about QBs for sure is that Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and Brees are the Mount Rushmore of active players. The "best of the rest" is wide open.

In one category you have the resume guys (two rings) Roethlisberger and Eli. Sometimes when they're hot you'd be tempted to have one of them at #5. Then in another category you have mid-career guys who have always teetered on the verge of elite, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. Matt Stafford has also flirted with this distinction. At times, it has looked like one of these guys was the heir apparent to the #5 spot. Now finally in a third category you have the young guns CK, Luck, Wilson, and RGIII (some would include Newton). One of these guys could take over #5 with a standout year.
Lisa, this whole Percy Harvin thing is going to blow up the Seahawks franchise and I don't mean that in a good way. It's a "win now" desperation move that I'm pretty sure was precipitated by your hard-charging, Microsoft-way billionaire owner. Percy Harvin is one jarring hit away from $27 million in dead money. He's the reason why the Seahawks are going to have a horrible time retaining their best players in the next few years. He's just not good enough to risk a franchise over and I just don't think Carroll would have done something like this without heavy pressure to win now by the owner. And, it's not going to be the first time Paul Allen has blown something up by demanding results faster than any reasonable expectation. That's his way. That's the Microsoft way.

You're not like most Seahawks fans, Lisa, so while the prospect of all this happening is pleasing to me because I find most Seahawks fans to be about the most annoying fans in the history of the NFL, I'm going to feel sorry for you and fans like you ( I know there must be more like you.)