There are 246 users in the forums

Kap voted to Top 100 players of 2013 vNFL players vote......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

those are the guys I would rank ahead of Kaep, right now.

14th sounds about right, RIGHT NOW.
This is kind of a strange take for a number of reasons.

First, Kaepernick has a higher QB Rating than Stafford, Luck, Flacco, Eli Manning, Rothlesberger and Brees, so I'm not sure right off the bat why this person would rate them higher.

Secondly, if you take into account the fact that Kaepernick was thrown into the mix cold right in the middle of the season and factor in that his first 10 starts were spectacularly better than ANYONE on the list, you have to give Kaepernick some points for that.

Third, at 8.32 yards per pass, Kaepernick is actually at the top of that list - he did better than ANY of them in that catagory.

Fourth, only three QB's on that list have a better TD to Int rating, Rodgers, Peyton and Brady.

Bottom line: maybe BlueFalcon has a problem with tattoos.
Wilson, The most overpaid qb in the league other than Tony Romo, RG3 who might be too fragile to even be around that long, and Schaub are all wrong. I could make an argument for him to be better than Ryan and Stafford already at this point in his career. He needs to prove whether or not he is better than the top tier guys like the Mannings, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, and Roethlisberger. Flacco just seems like an enigma to me. I think he has been lucky with a solid receiving corps and a great defense. Let's see how good he is with all the pressure on him. He just got the monster deal and they had to tear their defense apart to do it. Couldn't even keep Boldin around. They are going to have a tough season this year.

So, I heard Wilson came in in 23rd?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Oops, scratch that. I am thinking of PFF's top 101 list. By shocking coincidence, CK was exactly 81 in both of them. Here's an article about the PFF list.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/pff-ranks-colin-kaepernick-81st-in-top-101-russell-wilson-23rd/
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I wonder who elsa made the top 100 while only playing 10 games.... food for thought

Percy Harvin :)
(#90, played 9 games prior to injury)
Nobody wants to believe Colin is the real deal. It doesn't matter to me what everybody else thinks as long as he keeps playing in SB's.
We live in a culture obsessed with form over substance. Kaepernick doesn't look like our traditional idea of the elite QB. He's a new deal. He's the new wave. Some of the former QB's like Dilfer, Jaws and Aikman can already see it but most of the media with some exceptions and most of the public just don't get it yet. By the end of this coming season, I predict that almost everyone will get it.

Oops, scratch that. I am thinking of PFF's top 101 list. By shocking coincidence, CK was exactly 81 in both of them. Here's an article about the PFF list.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/pff-ranks-colin-kaepernick-81st-in-top-101-russell-wilson-23rd/

14 49ers on that list including the entire o-line absent Goodwin. And BTW, what a little bi.tch that punk from Seattle is juxtaposing Kaep's paid endorsement to a hospital photo op visit by their lord and savior lil' Russell. Talk about cheap shots
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on May 5, 2013 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

14 49ers on that list including the entire o-line absent Goodwin. And BTW, what a little bi.tch that punk from Seattle is juxtaposing Kaep's paid endorsement to a hospital photo op visit by their lord and savior lil' Russell. Talk about cheap shots

Scott Preston has a lot of nerve referring to himself as "Bay Area Sports Guy." What a horrible excuse for a journalist. He could have just as easily posted a photo of Kaepernick meeting with his Children with Heart Disease foundation that he funds, but instead, he acts like a little b***h and posts the Jaguar commercial that they probably asked Kaepernick to pose that way for. And look at those stats. Those numbers sure don't look anywhere near 78 levels apart. They look almost equal. If anything, Kaepernick leads on most of the categories.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Scott Preston has a lot of nerve referring to himself as "Bay Area Sports Guy." What a horrible excuse for a journalist. He could have just as easily posted a photo of Kaepernick meeting with his Children with Heart Disease foundation that he funds, but instead, he acts like a little b***h and posts the Jaguar commercial that they probably asked Kaepernick to pose that way for. And look at those stats. Those numbers sure don't look anywhere near 78 levels apart. They look almost equal. If anything, Kaepernick leads on most of the categories.

I believe he was using sarcasm when referring to that tweet by a Seattle fan as "stellar" he then shows the stats where Colin beat Wilson in alomost every meaningful category
Originally posted by ubaisore:

I believe he was using sarcasm when referring to that tweet by a Seattle fan as "stellar" he then shows the stats where Colin beat Wilson in alomost every meaningful category

Yes, he was making his point with sarcasm while mocking the uber-dou.che from Seattle's tweet comparing a paid endorsement to a hospital visit photo op.

Someone missed the point.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

those are the guys I would rank ahead of Kaep, right now.

14th sounds about right, RIGHT NOW.

Kaep > Ryan, Wilson, Luck, RG3, Stafford, Flacco and Schaub. I'd take him over Big Ben and Eli too, but people will argue they are better because of their 2 rings. That said, the only QBs that should be ranked ahead of him without question are Peyton, Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

It really doesn't bother me that those QBs will likely be ahead of Kaep on the top 100 because their reasoning will be that Kaep didn't play as much. Meh.
Some of those players Bluefalcon has rated above Kaepernick are real head scratchers. I mean, how on earth does anyone rate Stafford or Schaub above him. That just makes no sense whatsoever. I guess you give the nod to Rothlesberger, Flacco and Eli Manning because of their championships, but I'd rather have Kaepernick than any of those guys right now.
Share 49ersWebzone