LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 128 users in the forums

Kap voted to Top 100 players of 2013 vNFL players vote......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
best QB alive

Nope. Alex Smith > Colin Kaepernick
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Wait, you are comparing the body of work of Jay Cutler to "Vince Young" and "Tim Tebow"? Both of those guys had talent around them... Jay Cultler has never had anything to work with until last year.. Yes if my quarterback leads me to a 70% winning percentage over a three year span, send that "Crap" Quarterback right over please...

Who else would I compare to when you bring out the "they just win with him"? You can say Cutler doesn't have talent around him on the offensive side, and I'd counter that the Bears would be a 4 win team with an average defense and running game. The fact is the Bears offense has had one of the best running backs in the league, a top 10 defense every year since Cutler has been there, and possibly the best kick returner in history, yet he's managed to throw 63 picks in 56 games during that period, and been completely mediocre overall.
[ Edited by Disp on May 3, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
he outplayed brees in regular season, rodgers and ryan in the playoffs. that right there should put him at #10. haters gonna hate.
Originally posted by Disp:
Who else would I compare to when you bring out the "they just win with him"? You can say Cutler doesn't have talent around him on the offensive side, and I'd counter that the Bears would be a 4 win team with an average defense and running game. The fact is the Bears offense has had one of the best running backs in the league, a top 10 defense every year since Cutler has been there, and possibly the best kick returner in history, yet he's managed to throw 63 picks in 56 games during that period, and been completely mediocre overall.

Their rushing offense has ranked 14th out of the last 3 years which is average and Cutler has had the luxury last year of a league worst 12.3 yard per drop. Had half those balls been caught he would have had elite numbers. He picks up first downs a league best 36.6% percent of the time, amazing since he is always running for his life. His scrambling was 5.7 yards per carry which was 4th best in the NFL. In fact the only quarterbacks that had a higher deep ball completion was Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco.The Bears were ranked 3rd to last in pass blocking :https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/ Over the last three years in games that Culter leaves early or doesn't play the Bears are 2-10. So you can have a biased view of him all you want but Culter is an elite quarterback.. It would be much more through on your part if you would provide some stats to back up you unsubstantiated claims..
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on May 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
Good for him! He's on the rise. I just hope his ego is in check and doesn't get too inflated with this, all the notoriety, and not to mention all the endorsements he is receiving.
its too high for him. He needs to play a WHOLE season before he should be ranked...
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
14th among Quarterbacks.......LMAO. What a joke.

Who cares if he only started 10 games? In those 10 games he accomplished more than what many QB's have done in their ENTIRE careers. He's a top 5 QB easily.

I dont know about top 5 easily. Obviously the top 4 are set with Rodgers, Brady, Manning, and Brees. After that there are several that could be considered for that 5th spot.

Now, if you are asking me who I would trade Kap for its a VERY small list. Rodgers, Luck, and........ hmmmm that might be it.

Top 100 list?! LOL! We all understand these are meaningless.

But amongst us fans, we should agree on the one criterion by which we make our list: In what order would you rank your preference for the 49er QB job? That's it.

So according to you he's #3. Fair enough, and I can see that.
That guy who put him at #14 on his list? I don't understand what he's looking at.

Seriously, I would add a couple of others who I could see one might make a case for: RGIII and Russell Wilson. I wouldn't have either . . . but I could understand if others would. IMO Wilson's size and relatively weaker arm makes him a dubious selection (although he is good). RGIII: I just don't like his personal demeanor and make-up. As for your guys. Rogers? No. he's excellent, but more flawed IMO and I won't go to much into it here (but it's an interesting subject). Luck? Yea, he's a tough one to turn down. It's really a push here for me. But in the end, I hope that CK7 shows ( and has room for) a bit more improvement (he's only played 10 games after all) and seperates himself just a little.

So, he's #1 in my book.
Will be top 10 next year
These list are always a joke.

It's all name recognition.

But I expect that next year Kaep will be ranked WAY higher.

Just like I expect Steph Curry to be an All Star starter next year. It always take the rest of country about a year to catch on....
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

those are the guys I would rank ahead of Kaep, right now.

14th sounds about right, RIGHT NOW.

LOL wow.

Right now, i'd put Brady, Rodgers, Brees, P.Manning, Ryan, E.Manning and maybe Big Ben ahead of Kaepernick. No chance id move him down any farther than that.

And thats just based on last year. Kap entered the NFL as a starting QB midway through last season, and finished it nearly carrying us to a SB title. He has a chance to progress into the Rodgers tier.

btw, the part of that list that made me laugh the most was Schaub. Matt Schaub over Kap eh?

Big Ben's experience, and Matt Ryan's offense are the only real reasons theyre even ranked ahead of Kap right now. Id rank them:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Matt Ryan
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Russell Wilson
10. Joe Flacco
11. Andrew Luck
12. Robert Griffin III
13. Matthew Stafford
14. Jay Cutler
15. Tony Romo
16. Andy Dalton
17. Cam Newton
18. Philip Rivers
19. Alex Smith
20. Matt Schaub
21. Josh Freeman
22. Sam Bradford
23. Ryan Tannehill
24. Christian Ponder
25. Carson Palmer
26. Michael Vick
27. Jake Locker
28. Matt Flynn
29. Mark Sanchez
30. Brandon Weeden
31. E.J. Manuel
32. Blaine Gabbert

Is Alex Smith ahead of Kaep? If not, then 14 is about right.
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

I stopped taking this seriously at Schaub

I dont have a problem with Luck above Kaep...maaaaaayyybbeeeee Wilson because of experience. The rest are not better, that includes RG3.
[ Edited by Dave1 on May 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM ]
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He gets a reputation for not being tough for taking himself out of a nfc championship game vs gb and was seen walking around fine with no assistance on the sideline. Also, he gets a rep for being soft because when chips are down he folds likes lawn chair.

The game in which he had a Grade 2 tear of his media collateral ligament. Really? That made him weak?
Wrong
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6054047
Chris Clemons was able to walk off the field on his own during the Redskins game and He had a full tear of his ACL. Should he have played against Atlanta the following week?

Cutler appeared to be fine on the sidelines. We didn't know what the severity of the injury was so people thought he was weak.

Also, Phillip Rivers played in a championship game with a torn ACL (the following week) so there is precedence for this. Also RGIII toughed it out as well until he was finally taken out by the defense

QBs and Dlineman like Clemons have different jobs and a QB can still play fairly effective with an injured knee ligament. They just risk further injury. Cutler didn't man up and tough it out. He took himself out unlike RGIII and Rivers, which is why people think he is weak.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on May 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
I'm pretty sure the players vote on this before the playoffs start, so based on his regular season, this seems about right
Originally posted by Dave1:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Matt Ryan
Roethlisberger
Schaub
Flacco
Wilson
Luck
RG3
Stafford

I stopped taking this seriously at Schaub

I dont have a problem with Luck above Kaep...maaaaaayyybbeeeee Wilson because of experience. The rest are not better, that includes RG3.

Id give Kap the edge over Wilson on experience actually. 3 playoff games and a near SB win > a few extra regular season games.
Share 49ersWebzone