There are 135 users in the forums

Darryl Morris (2013 UDFA CB)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
You're Tremaine Brock's uncle, aren't you? Well, Morris seems to have made some PD's in mini camp. So maybe the last 4 years of work are paying off. Like most teams, the niners look at full game tape if they're interested by the highlights. So I am hopeful there weren't too many sloppy tackles there. We'll see how it goes. Maybe he's decided to start eating clean, train right....a lot can happen in 4 years....

Brock's uncle huh ? Funny.. Feel free to just ignore my opinion man but you are acting as if i don't want him to succeed... I've known him 9+ years, his house is 5 minutes from mine, i've smoked blunts with him.. He doesn't smoke by the way but he did a few times a while back, like most people.. And i know the niners will look at more than the highlights, you are the one who is convinced all he does is tackle.. You seem sold on him.. His hard work could have payed off and i could be completely wrong about him.. You can tell me how fkn stupid i am when i am wrong and he is a major contributor... Fair?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinersPlusOne:
You're Tremaine Brock's uncle, aren't you? Well, Morris seems to have made some PD's in mini camp. So maybe the last 4 years of work are paying off. Like most teams, the niners look at full game tape if they're interested by the highlights. So I am hopeful there weren't too many sloppy tackles there. We'll see how it goes. Maybe he's decided to start eating clean, train right....a lot can happen in 4 years....

Brock's uncle huh ? Funny.. Feel free to just ignore my opinion man but you are acting as if i don't want him to succeed... I've known him 9+ years, his house is 5 minutes from mine, i've smoked blunts with him.. He doesn't smoke by the way but he did a few times a while back, like most people.. And i know the niners will look at more than the highlights, you are the one who is convinced all he does is tackle.. You seem sold on him.. His hard work could have payed off and i could be completely wrong about him.. You can tell me how fkn stupid i am when i am wrong and he is a major contributor... Fair?

ok, sounds fair enough...

I lean more on the positive side only cause 1) the FO even bothered to give him a look. 2) liked his highlights. 3) he's done good things in camp. 4) "smoked" a few blunts with you
Originally posted by NinersPlusOne:

You're providing quite the job reference for our man Darryl.
I can see NinerPlusOne's POV.
Darryl was a track star with a helmet, coming out of HS. He is part of a AAU record holding 4x200 team. It is also one of the reasons he was not taken by one of the "big boys" in Texas.
FWIW - Texas Sate is not a small school, in terms of enrollment, as there are 34K+ students. Mid-major, yes. New to FBS, yes. And would regularly have one of those big schools as its FBS opponent.
Former alum include Ricky Sanders, Jeff Novack and Wade Key (to name some of the few)
However, being a friend has both its perks and limtations.
I watched that track star turn into a football player over the course of his 4 years at Texas State. I do not miss home games and traveled to what away games I could. I also did on field photography for one of the websites, so I got some up close looks. (BTW - One of my best shots is a non-action shot of Darryl)
Teams like the 49ers do not go looking for just any old player, so I am completely convinced they saw in him the potential he has.
There are 260 DI schools with an avg of 4 CBs per team. How many got drafted or an UDFA invite?
[ Edited by CatMom on May 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by CatMom:
I can see NinerPlusOne's POV.
Darryl was a track star with a helmet, coming out of HS. He is part of a AAU record holding 4x200 team. It is also one of the reasons he was not taken by one of the "big boys" in Texas.
FWIW - Texas Sate is not a small school, in terms of enrollment, as there are 34K+ students. Mid-major, yes. New to FBS, yes. And would regularly have one of those big schools as its FBS opponent.
Former alum include Ricky Sanders, Jeff Novack and Wade Key (to name some of the few)
However, being a friend has both its perks and limtations.
I watched that track star turn into a football player over the course of his 4 years at Texas State. I do not miss home games and traveled to what away games I could. I also did on field photography for one of the websites, so I got some up close looks. (BTW - One of my best shots is a non-action shot of Darryl)
Teams like the 49ers do not go looking for just any old player, so I am completely convinced they saw in him the potential he has.
There are 260 DI schools with an avg of 4 CBs per team. How many got drafted or an UDFA invite?

Isn't it formerly texas A&I? That's where Darryl Green went to school?
Isn't it formerly texas A&I? That's where Darryl Green went to school?

No, it was formerly Southwest Texas State
[ Edited by CatMom on May 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM ]
Any word on how this fast ass mother f**ker has been playing?
Havent heard anything since mini camp
how about msrk cooper?
Last couple of days his name has been coming up. Making major plays in the secondary. My guess is that with a few solid plays in the games he could make the team ahead of Wright

i read yesterday that hes been pratice with the second team and today he blanket jenkins twice for a long ball......
Originally posted by boo684:
i read yesterday that hes been pratice with the second team and today he blanket jenkins twice for a long ball......

against Kaepernick's throws. The article said Jenkins had a step on him, then with the ball in the air he hit the gas and got to the ball first. Last week he had a few nice deflections as well...
Morris has incredible closing speed. Some of the plays on his college highlight reel are unbelievable. This is a very, very fast player.
I'm super excited about Marcus Cooper...watched him closely in the Denver game and there is just something about him; seems "mature: so-to-speak. He seemed disciplined in his sets, made a couple plays, etc. Morris didn't stand out too much to me but like Cooper, love his kids tangibles. I would love if both Cooper (awesome size/speed outside) and Morris (ideal slot CB) could make the squad or develop into the next Boone.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boo684:

-A.J. Jenkins did not catch any passes during team periods. He was overthrown by Kaepernick on one occasion and had a 50-yard deep thrown his way broken up by undrafted cornerback Daryl Morris.

from 49ers.com
Share 49ersWebzone