LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Darryl Morris (2013 UDFA CB)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Darryl Morris- CB - Texas State

Holy s**t dude. I just watched that play at 4:15. This dude fast as f**k.

Yup, that part really impressed me. The angle, anticipation, hustle, and speed.

LOL, that kid covered so much ground on that play, it was ridic. It also shows that he doesn't give up on plays, even when it's a breakaway on the other side of the field. But the cherry on top was the lick he gave the ball carrier at the end. Never be content to run the ball carrier out of bounds - always be physical.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

LOL, that kid covered so much ground on that play, it was ridic. It also shows that he doesn't give up on plays, even when it's a breakaway on the other side of the field. But the cherry on top was the lick he gave the ball carrier at the end. Never be content to run the ball carrier out of bounds - always be physical.

agreed. I like a lot about the kid. Wasn't drafted, and wasn't even a priority free agent. The rest of his tape must not be so good. But the highlights are awesome!
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

agreed. I like a lot about the kid. Wasn't drafted, and wasn't even a priority free agent. The rest of his tape must not be so good. But the highlights are awesome!

Looks like this kid played both CB and FS haha... with the amount of times huge plays broke to the opposite side that he had to chase down. Half the tape is him making the tackles his teammates couldnt.
At the least I hope he makes the ps. I hope he takes Brocks role on st as a gunner. Who knows, he may be the reason we didn't draft a "slot" CB
He has dynamic speed. He could be our diamond!
No more Brock please! Hopefully Morris can beat him out.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
The second I saw this pickup I said, "Slot CB to match up with Harvin and Austin."

Wow, dude had ZERO hesitation and incredible closing speed and for his size, isn't afraid to hit through WR's.

Gunner on ST's coverage as well.

Well done Baalke.

DITTO!!
I think I found the 49ers shopping list.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/08/top-senior-prospects-for-the-2013-draft-wac.html
Love the additions of him and Marcus Cooper. Obvious big-upside players who have a shot at making this team in the future -- at the very least doing ST's. With Rogers and Asomugha both on the wrong side of 30, it's wise to invest in young, talented corners who you like the potential of. I love the two guys we chose.

Morris' size and small school are the likely cause of him going undrafted, so here's to hoping we uncovered another gem in the rough. I think if he turns out to be a diamond in the rough, his calling could be as a top-notch slot cover corner.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM ]
dont kneed no honey badger

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think I found the 49ers shopping list.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/08/top-senior-prospects-for-the-2013-draft-wac.html

Nice find!
Undersized and lightning quick? Sounds like what many of us wanted to draft for a slot guy. Nice prospect.
I don't care as long as we get Brock out of here, he sucks ass.
Ok - that speed at 4:15 mark play was unreal. Would love to have Sports Science give us his 40 speed off that! I love how he has no fear to come up in run support so quickly.
I really hope we have something with this guy...personally he or Cooper can make the team that pushes Brock off which I would love but i would like to see them both make the team and maybe push Brock and Rodgers off. I could be wrong but I really felt at the end of last year rodgers showed signs of slowing down and I wouldnt mind these rooks pushing him off the team however it might be more likely there is only one spot open cause they probably want to keep rodgers for leadership... so may the best man win.
Share 49ersWebzone