LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Darryl Morris (2013 UDFA CB)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Yep I remember that, I believe he was targeted only once and he immediately made the tackle on like a 5yd gain. Don't know if anyone also noticed how swole this kid looked too by then

swole?
Originally posted by crake49:
Morris has such crazy speed that I would like to see them try him out at KO returns.
Does he have any prior experience returning kicks and punts.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Probably one of the reasons why we aren't being overly aggressive on the cb market. What the coaching staff did with Brock was amazing. Morris has 4.3 speed and I think he has a great chance to get reps as our slot cb.

Originally posted by ManBearPig:
I'm really banking on this kid to take the starting CB position. You can't teach speed but I know he needs to be taught technique which I trust our coaching staff. I never thought Brock would be starting caliber...so my hopes are for high for Morris to steal the starting job.

It is not always about speed. Talk to lott, lott was not overly fast, technique is one thing, but give me instinct and read and recognition skills and the quickness to react to it properly..
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yep I remember that, I believe he was targeted only once and he immediately made the tackle on like a 5yd gain. Don't know if anyone also noticed how swole this kid looked too by then

swole?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swole
Originally posted by English:

swole?

Well they say you learn something new every day. I am done for today
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by English:

swole?

Well they say you learn something new every day. I am done for today

They used "swole" a lot in the early 90s if I recall correctly. "Diesel" also
  • thl408
In the SEA week 14 game, EWright got dinged in the head at the end of the 3rd quarter (knee to the head) and left the game for awhile. Morris came in and took his spot as LCB in the nickel package while Rogers played the slot. Wright ended up coming back into the game for the final play and made an INT.

edit: Wright came back in the middle of the 4th.
[ Edited by thl408 on Mar 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
In the SEA week 14 game, EWright got dinged in the head at the end of the 3rd quarter (knee to the head) and left the game for awhile. Morris came in and took his spot as LCB in the nickel package while Rogers played the slot. Wright ended up coming back into the game for the final play and made an INT.

Basically, you didn't even notice he was gone because for that quarter Morris was playing at least as well as Wright had been.
  • thl408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Basically, you didn't even notice he was gone because for that quarter Morris was playing at least as well as Wright had been.

I just saw all his snaps in that game. Morris was playing with a large cushion and did not get specifically targeted. He did register an assisted tackle, but SEA converted on a 3rd and 7. Morris was playing way off in what looked like a cover3 (he was LCB). The catch was made in front of him and he came up to get an assist. There wasn't much to look at regarding his coverage skills in his limited action. Look at the guns on Whitner, then look at Morris #40.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I just saw all his snaps in that game. Morris was playing with a large cushion and did not get specifically targeted. He did register an assisted tackle, but SEA converted on a 3rd and 7. Morris was playing way off in what looked like a cover3 (he was LCB). The catch was made in front of him and he came up to get an assist. There wasn't much to look at regarding his coverage skills in his limited action. Look at the guns on Whitner, then look at Morris #40.

I am curious to see what a year of development could do for him. We have done very well over the years with developing players, and Morris was a guy in college who showed improvement each year so I very much expected him to do the same in the NFL. I expected him to fight to be the dime back by 2014, and then compete for a larger role by 2015.
Is it me or does both Reid and Morris come pretty close to arms down to their knees. LOL Anyone have their arm-lengths?

I guess that's better than hands on their hips.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Is it me or does both Reid and Morris come pretty close to arms down to their knees. LOL Anyone have their arm-lengths?

Reid has nearly 34" arms...that's ridiculous for a man his size. His arms are longer than 6'5" Jake Matthews, who will be a top 10 pick as an OT.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Reid has nearly 34" arms...that's ridiculous for a man his size. His arms are longer than 6'5" Jake Matthews, who will be a top 10 pick as an OT.

Yes that is ridiculous 33 5 / 8 to be exact. Not sure about Morris but I think at least 32"
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 17, 2014 at 3:28 PM ]
I would like to see Morris develop into a bigger role too. Guy seems like he has speed and can play.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I would like to see Morris develop into a bigger role too. Guy seems like he has speed and can play.

His college tape is definitely impressive !
Name: Darryl Morris
College: Texas State
Height: 5-10
Weight: 186
Position: CB
Pos2: KR/ST
40 Low: 4.29
40 High: 4.36
Rated #93 out of 217 CB's

Combine Results/Pro Day Results
40 Yrd Dash: 4.33
20 Yrd Dash: 2.53
10 Yrd Dash: 1.48
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 14
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.22
3-Cone Drill: 6.82

Any of this good?

I couldn't find his arm-length. Someone contact Baalke!
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 17, 2014 at 8:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone