There are 159 users in the forums

Darryl Morris (2013 UDFA CB)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Congrats to Morris, I wanted to see this guy make it, I didn't before. But I wanted Marcus Cooper to make the team. I don't remember QB's throwing Coopers way that often in Preseason. Oh well, I hope Morris does good and bumps Tramane Brock off the roster.
The only pass I saw go Cooper's way in preseason came after the WR completely turned him around on the field--made him look pretty bad. But I've seen him get some reps with KC so far.

I'm hoping Morris will make it as well. He's got outstanding speed and athletic ability, and showed some heart in the clips I saw from his college days. Our secondary could use some of both. IMHO.
Great news he must be doing very well to make it on our roster as an undrafted free agent
He seems well-suited to be a slot-corner covering Austin. He is probably the fastest player on the team and he's extremely quick.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well if I was Nnamdi Asomugha I'd be worried.
Nice tackle by him on the free kick miss by Dawson. Had him down on the 10. He has the speed and showed all pre-season long he was the first down there but has to get under control better and not just fly by guys.
Props to the speedster yesterday on ST. Can't teach speed, and this kid's got it. Would love to see us work him into different looks offensively as well down the road if he continues to improve. Too much speed not to be a PR/KR, slot receiver, play option RB or reverse WR.
I think he has a good shot at staying on the team when Wright gets back. Seems like Asomugha is the odd man out since he doesn't play ST obviously. Hopefully we keep him around because he could be snatched up otherwise. We will need him to develop at CB at as well we should have some open spots at CB next year.
Ask yourself this question...How many games have we won since Darryl Morris was activated? Your answer should be: I hope we keep him.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
Props to the speedster yesterday on ST. Can't teach speed, and this kid's got it. Would love to see us work him into different looks offensively as well down the road if he continues to improve. Too much speed not to be a PR/KR, slot receiver, play option RB or reverse WR.
Yup, fan of Morris (and Cooper) and highlighted both this off season. I was noting for Morris that he was one of the top 3 always first down on coverage on the ST coverage units. THAT is why you promote and activate these young guys (see Spillman). You utilize their youth and natural speed while developing them at their natural positions. Morris lookes pretty stalky too and how ideal would he be in the slot covering speedsters over a guy like Carlos Rogers? I look forward to Fangio using him some day!
Originally posted by 5280High:
As long as one of the CB's pushes Brock off the roster Ill be happy.

Comment FAIL

Originally posted by goodthings19:

Comment FAIL

In his defense, Brock wasn't the best player before the Houston game and has been owned in the playoffs before lol.

(Most noticeably falling down in the endzone when trying to defend a TD pass from Eli to Mario Manningham in the '11 playoffs)

Brock is not going anywhere with all of his interceptions. Hopefully Morris will get incorporated as the slot CB and we will be able to restructure or let Rogers go. But time will tell. Right now Morris is doing a good job for us and hopefully his duties will get expanded. Can he catch punts?
Brock is ere for a while, especially if he keeps up the level of play like the last 3 games.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by goodthings19:

Comment FAIL

In his defense, Brock wasn't the best player before the Houston game and has been owned in the playoffs before lol.

(Most noticeably falling down in the endzone when trying to defend a TD pass from Eli to Mario Manningham in the '11 playoffs)

he created the pick whitner had off of bradford. reality is as soon as he played this season he has done very well. his problem was the coaches having nnamdi above him on the depth chart
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Brock is not going anywhere with all of his interceptions. Hopefully Morris will get incorporated as the slot CB and we will be able to restructure or let Rogers go. But time will tell. Right now Morris is doing a good job for us and hopefully his duties will get expanded. Can he catch punts?

Would like to see him worked in the slot coverage when we can to breed him into that position next year. Would like to see if he can work on returning punts at some point with all him speed. Congrats to the rookie on how he is playing.
Share 49ersWebzone