LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Darryl Morris (2013 UDFA CB)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good for him! Wicked fast. Personally, I would have rather had Marcus Cooper right now b/c of his size and what we currently need with Nnamdi out but truthfully, I wanted both! So lace 'em up kid...and shine.

I was hoping we would keep Cooper and ditch Brock with Morris on the PS. Really liked Coopers Size.

I did too...watched him very closely and I loved his poise, patience, maturity...had all the measurables you'd want.

Agree. Hope he steps up & makes the plays he needs to when he gets on the field.
^^^ he was one of our top 3 gunners too on ST as well. So I wonder if he'll be activated.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Congrats to Morris, I wanted to see this guy make it, I didn't before. But I wanted Marcus Cooper to make the team. I don't remember QB's throwing Coopers way that often in Preseason. Oh well, I hope Morris does good and bumps Tramane Brock off the roster.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Congrats to Morris, I wanted to see this guy make it, I didn't before. But I wanted Marcus Cooper to make the team. I don't remember QB's throwing Coopers way that often in Preseason. Oh well, I hope Morris does good and bumps Tramane Brock off the roster.

Yep. This team BADLY needs more speed in the secondary and Morris brings that in spades, hope he does well and sticks around.
Morris > Brock
Can't say he's better than Brock yet, but I hope he is.
Can't be as bad as Nnamdi
GREAT MOVE, im sure he wont be as bad as Nnamdi, take your time Nnamdi with that knee, shoot u can take the rest of the season off you like

morris wont play, that's not the 49er way. He'll suit up and be right there on the sideline, and probably be a gunner on special teams...my bet is he never sees the field. Jon baldwin will be right next to him.
Morris signed a 3yr deal, with base salaries of $333,529 for this season, and 495K(2014), and 585K(2015).

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
morris wont play, that's not the 49er way. He'll suit up and be right there on the sideline, and probably be a gunner on special teams...my bet is he never sees the field. Jon baldwin will be right next to him.

This
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Morris signed a 3yr deal, with base salaries of $333,529 for this season, and 495K(2014), and 585K(2015).

Think of the steal he'll be on that salary assuming he sticks around and with some development makes the team next season with all of the following likely gone: Asomugha, Brock, Rogers, and possibly even Brown.
Spot duty to start with.
Probably the only player that can keep up with Austin, not that he will see the field though...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

What's his guaranteed money like?

That seems like a lot for a undrafted rookie.
Share 49ersWebzone