There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Most anticipated camp Battles

I'm most interested in the CB battle. I'm hoping both starting spots are up for grabs. 4-way competition between Rogers, Brown, Culliver, and Asomugha.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Montana vs. Kaepernick

this lol
Something tells me Celek won't roll over for Vance McDonald for the #2 TE spot.
Goodwin vs. Looney vs. Kilgore.

If Goodwin loses his starting job, he might be cut to save money and give us money to extend Iupati.
Originally posted by azninersfan:

If Goodwin loses his starting job, he might be cut to save money and give us money to extend Iupati.

I don't think goodwin will lose his starting job because of performance. Goodwin might lose his job because of money and I cringe thinking of that. Center was an issue for years until Goodwin showed up. Unless Kilgore or Looney are something special, I don't think G loses his job.
Im just excited to see Aldon,Carradine,Brooks, and Lemonier coming of the edge getting to the QB. Should be fun watching Fangio use these 4 in his game plan
#3 WR should be an epic battle.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm most interested in the CB battle. I'm hoping both starting spots are up for grabs. 4-way competition between Rogers, Brown, Culliver, and Asomugha.

I just want to see someone beat out Brock. My money is on the speedy Morris signed UDFA. He would be good for the slot. Brock sucks A$$.
IMO, this will be one VERY competitive camp in almost every position.

With guys who were on IR last year, new players, back-ups, starters and FA - WOW!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Patton v. Jenkins for 3rd WR.
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM ]
#3 WR and the CB spots with Awesomemuah now included
The board looks to be evenly split over Harper but I can't wait to see how he stacks up in camp. He was a monster in that highlight reel.

You can label me ignorant but I don't understand the stigma associated with taller, bulkier running backs. Somebody on this board had mentioned that bigger running backs are more prone to injury but in the same breath we say things like "RG3/Wilson is more prone to injury because of lankier build/tiny stature" (I agree with that assessment). A running back needs to hit that gap and a smaller build allows easier access, but there's something to be said about larger backs that can power through the line.
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by azninersfan:

I don't think goodwin will lose his starting job because of performance. Goodwin might lose his job because of money and I cringe thinking of that. Center was an issue for years until Goodwin showed up. Unless Kilgore or Looney are something special, I don't think G loses his job.
I doubt it's solely because of money. He's only signed for another year. If he is cut, it's because Looney or Kilgore are clearly better. We won't have all these guys under contract, plus there may be some more restructuring, so we will be fine cap wise.

As for training camp battles, I think the number one battle is at CB because who knows what the order will be from #1 to #4. After that, all eyes will be on the receiver position, and in particular who wins the #3 job. After that, I'm actually interested in the battle at safety for some reason. I really would like Trenton Robinson to do well so that in 2014, we can run with Robinson and Reid at safety.
Defensive line is where all the epic battles will take place.
Willis vs Moody.