There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jaws on ESPN SportsCenter Special

  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,506
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
We scored 31 points against the Ravens.

Nah, he's right. We only had 468 yards of offense against the Ravens, which was about 100 less than we had vs. the Packers. Teams will be using the Super Bowl as a template for shutting down our offense.
Yes!
There's no active QB I'd take over Kaep right now. However, I'm a 49er fan, I'm sure a Colt fan would say the same about Andrew Luck. What I love about Kaep is that he's always looking down field. His accuracy is unreal. Now we go into that dreaded time after the draft and before training camp.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
Article was written before the superbowl.

I'm just saying, we overexposed it and the Ravens pretty much had it covered that first half. Again, I don't mind mixing it in, but IMO we're a much more effective offense with Kap under center and dropping back. With his athletic gifts, he could be that transcendent player in the WCO. Out of that pistol/read formation, the defense is always going to spy him. Have him drop back for passes and play actions and the defense will be caught off guard when he bootlegs it.


The Ravens have a better defense by far than the Falcons or Packers. Apples and oranges. And even so they had just a shade under 500 yads agaist that vaunted defense.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
There's no active QB I'd take over Kaep right now. However, I'm a 49er fan, I'm sure a Colt fan would say the same about Andrew Luck. What I love about Kaep is that he's always looking down field. His accuracy is unreal. Now we go into that dreaded time after the draft and before training camp.


I have said this exact thing to many people, and on various forums. I wouldn't take Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Griffin ... might have to think about Luck though. Kaep has the stuff to be MVP of the league, that is how good I think he is.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
We scored 31 points against the Ravens.

Nah, he's right. We only had 468 yards of offense against the Ravens, which was about 100 less than we had vs. the Packers. Teams will be using the Super Bowl as a template for shutting down our offense.

Could say the same thing about the Ravens keeping the Patriots about 100 yards under they're average. Moreover, I'd take points over yards stats. We scored 31 points vs their 22 points average allowed per game. But, if we are going yards though, we gained 468 vs their 428 average per game.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,506
^ My post was complete sarcasm.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Dr_Gonzo:
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
Kap will last as long as it takes for defenses to figure out the Pistol, which seemed to be happening late last year.

We need to stick to a traditional WCO, keep Kap under center and run some designed bootlegs, mix in some Pistol every now and then. We can't win running Pistol as our primary offense.

Imposter!


Lmao
Originally posted by Disp:
^ My post was complete sarcasm.

Lawl, my bad
Jaws has made a similar comment about every quarterback in the league. He's a tool.
I've watched the Super Bowl over and over again. I still get jacked watching it. I turn off the game when we get to the seven yard line. The Ravens front seven were gassed in the 4th quarter. Bottom line is that they played a "tighter game" than the Niners. My only take on the last series is that Kaep should've improvised something on his own. Watch tapes of the last few years and it was the same Raven team but Flacco made a few plays in this SB, that' all. Kaep has what, 10 starts? He can fly as far as he wants.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Kap has the strongest arm in NFL. Kap might be the fastest running QB in NFL. He led the Niners 5 yards short of Superbowl win. In his 10th career start. Whats not to like?

Touch on the short passes and fade. Not trying to be a jerk, but just responding to your question what's not to like. Very interested to see how his offseason determination translates on the field. He has the physical tools to be the best QB in the league. Doubt he'll ever have a soft touch pass in his repertoire.
Jaws is aptly named. I saw him today and he has put on some poundage. He looked like he was storing nuts for the winter in his cheeks.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Kap has the strongest arm in NFL. Kap might be the fastest running QB in NFL. He led the Niners 5 yards short of Superbowl win. In his 10th career start. Whats not to like?

Touch on the short passes and fade. Not trying to be a jerk, but just responding to your question what's not to like. Very interested to see how his offseason determination translates on the field. He has the physical tools to be the best QB in the league. Doubt he'll ever have a soft touch pass in his repertoire.

Kaep is pretty young, and just think what Jim turned him into in only one year, somewhere down the road he'll eventually learn it.
WCO used to be a gimmick offense. Like Suggs said, Kaep is the truth...and so is Jim H. The reason why the WCO stuck was because we had a coach who was not stubborn with it and a QB who was smart with it.
As long as JH is not stubborn with the pistol n zone read and Kaep is smart with it, teams will be jealous of our offense and try to copy it.

One thing about Kaep that separates him from any other strong armed athletic QB is his accuracy.