There are 185 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Originally posted by crabman82:
ultimately i think 4 years from now we'll all at the fact that some people thought he would turn into something.

Don't you mean 4 months?
Originally posted by Disp:
ultimately i think 4 years from now we'll all at the fact that some people thought he would turn into something.

Don't you mean 4 months?

maybe then too, but even if its the type of jt o'sullivan or nate davis thing that would live in infamy
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:

Don't you mean 4 months?

maybe then too, but even if its the type of jt o'sullivan or nate davis thing that would live in infamy

Or your post
I don't think anyone on here is saying he's the greatest, everyone is just hopeful he can turn the athleticism and obvious smarts into something.
The thing he needs most is TIME. Time to develop. I don't think it's very realistic for him to crack the 53 this year. He's been playing football for less than 12 months. He needs 1 more year on the practice squad, then see if he can make the 53-man roster in 2015.
Anybody else think this guy would be an absolute wrecking ball as a NT?
Originally posted by Quest4six:

nope.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

nope.

Me neither, he could be a good rotational 3-4 DE, but nothing else. He's too far behind the learning curve.
lol this scrub has a 83 page thread.
Because its an interesting story. Can. A highly athletic person become an NFL player. Having him the way they do is not hurting the team at all.
I think we talk about it because it hits on an interesting question -- how hard is it really, given the right physical tools, to play the game of american professional football? Does it really take years and years of study and play, or, if you happen to be 6'6" and 300 athletically gifted pounds, can you take a crash course and find a way to contribute? We all know that the modern game is complicated with its own vernacular, schemes, plays, assignments, technique -- but can a smart guy with great physical tools figure this out in a season or two?

I think it's fascinating.
Originally posted by Existence:
I think we talk about it because it hits on an interesting question -- how hard is it really, given the right physical tools, to play the game of american professional football? Does it really take years and years of study and play, or, if you happen to be 6'6" and 300 athletically gifted pounds, can you take a crash course and find a way to contribute? We all know that the modern game is complicated with its own vernacular, schemes, plays, assignments, technique -- but can a smart guy with great physical tools figure this out in a season or two?

Me too!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The thing he needs most is TIME. Time to develop. I don't think it's very realistic for him to crack the 53 this year. He's been playing football for less than 12 months. He needs 1 more year on the practice squad, then see if he can make the 53-man roster in 2015.

I've always thought three years. We'll see in camp.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Me too!

Me three. I'm rooting for the guy.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Me too!

Me three.