LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Brock Lesnar was a freak of nature, but wasn't fast enough. Let's hope Okoye is athletic enough to make a positive impression to make this whole experiment worthwhile.

thats actually an excellent example. i bet not many remember him trying to make the vikings.

Lesnar was also approx. 34 years old at the time. Not worth the time to develop for a team

It takes skill and athleticism to succeed in the NFL. Skill takes time to develop.

Okoye has the time. 49ers are willing to invest in developing his skills
l
Lesnar is not a good comparison

I think a much better comparison would be Jaime Foxx in that football movie....

Maybe that's what he meant?
I always wondered if the FO had any tape on him from his "Rugby Days" and if so that might of givin them a clue as to his potential nfl game ..?
Originally posted by highway49:
I always wondered if the FO had any tape on him from his "Rugby Days" and if so that might of givin them a clue as to his potential nfl game ..?

I'm sure they did...prototypical H-W-S and work ethic. Add in extra 1on1 coaching (a project for Tomsula), teach him proper technique, surround him with the best in the game, allow him to study at his pace for a full year, slowly integrate him and teach him how to read the body language on screens, etc. = he's got a chance.
I really think that having a year is highly beneficial to many players instead of being thrown into the fight right away.

In Okoye's case having the position slowed down and being coached up by Tomsula is a dream come true.

We'll see this season how having a year to learn the schemes and such will play out in Lattimore and Tank.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I really think that having a year is highly beneficial to many players instead of being thrown into the fight right away.

In Okoye's case having the position slowed down and being coached up by Tomsula is a dream come true.

We'll see this season how having a year to learn the schemes and such will play out in Lattimore and Tank.

Agreed. I'm more excited about the developing grocery-long list of players expected to make big jumps THIS year vs. any rookies we draft in 2-4 days. Why? For this very reason! Unless you are dynamic returner and slot CB or WR with top end speed (even then), I doubt you even crack the 46 until NEXT year.
Brock Lesnar was a freak of nature, but wasn't fast enough. Let's hope Okoye is athletic enough to make a positive impression to make this whole experiment worthwhile.

thats actually an excellent example. i bet not many remember him trying to make the vikings.

Lesnar was also approx. 34 years old at the time. Not worth the time to develop for a team

It takes skill and athleticism to succeed in the NFL. Skill takes time to develop.

l

brock lesnar is 36 years old today. he tried out for the vikings 10 years ago, i'll leave the math for you to figure out.

l

brock lesnar is 36 years old today. he tried out for the vikings 10 years ago, i'll leave the math for you to figure out.

[ Edited by HaiGuise on May 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM ]
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

l

Add 10, minus 4, then divide by 6, plus 3......????

I give, what is it?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:

I give, what is it?

That would be 26 or so

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

On a serious note this clip is full of so much fail. Was he supposed to NOT clear the ropes? Because he looked like he actually got hurt on that fall and Cena turned before he even got there so you can tell he never even got hit lol.
Originally posted by sfout:

I give, what is it?

That would be 26 or so

Lol....wheeeeew, thanx!!! I had like 12 or something..... it's not my fault though, I never was very good at science....
  • sfout
  • Veteran

I give, what is it?

That would be 26 or so

Lol....wheeeeew, thanx!!! I had like 12 or something..... it's not my fault though, I never was very good at science....

Glad to help a fellow poster
On a serious note this clip is full of so much fail. Was he supposed to NOT clear the ropes? Because he looked like he actually got hurt on that fall and Cena turned before he even got there so you can tell he never even got hit lol.

Next thing you'll be telling us is wrestling isn't real...
Originally posted by genus49:

Next thing you'll be telling us is wrestling isn't real...

wrassling iznt realz?! OmFg
Share 49ersWebzone