There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

He has no pass rush moves, so the best we can hope for is that he's got the strength of a "cowboy" and can bull rush or at least hold point against a double team.
he wont even be on the PS next season. Dial will force him out
Originally posted by AmpLee:
It's a long offseason, so let's rev up this thread. And for f**ks sake, can a the thread title be changed to correctly spell this man's name? He is of course a future HOFer.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to seeing the progression and what magic, if any, Tomsula has worked.

Sorted.
Originally posted by xcfan:
okoye should be developing at RT. his body and agility does not fit nfl d-line.

Yea how could our coaching staff and GM miss this?
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by WINiner:
I am excited about this guy. I know most are meh at best, but I think he has a real chance to translate his athleticism to the NFL.

It's all about his desire and thankfully that's Tomsula's specialty. I really hope he pans out, but still realize it's a long shot.

this. when you're that size and have that kind of freakish athleticism, it comes down to hard work and desire. on top of that, you don't need to be QB smart to play on the DLINE. he just needs to put in the effort (which is 90% of being an NFL player) and he could be something special.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
okoye should be developing at RT. his body and agility does not fit nfl d-line.

Yea how could our coaching staff and GM miss this?

Because they aren't as intelligent as the people who post here.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
this. when you're that size and have that kind of freakish athleticism, it comes down to hard work and desire. on top of that, you don't need to be QB smart to play on the DLINE. he just needs to put in the effort (which is 90% of being an NFL player) and he could be something special.

Crazy thing is he can be QB smart as hr declined admission to Cambridge oxford to play football here. May be total package
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Crazy thing is he can be QB smart as hr declined admission to Cambridge oxford to play football here. May be total package

Well let's have him behind Colin w/ a clipboard and headset
he would beast as a guard. Imagine his athleticism when pulling...
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MikeRumph:

you are more correct than not.
he's got an o-line physique. strength to bull doze anyone.
Originally posted by MikeRumph:

you are more correct than not.
he's got an o-line physique. strength to bull doze anyone.

I can imagine him wiffing on a lot of pulling blocks
our future Center
can he play left field?
We dont need big we need ghetto
Originally posted by socalniner:
He has no pass rush moves, so the best we can hope for is that he's got the strength of a "cowboy" and can bull rush or at least hold point against a double team.

Yeah, like Justin Smith has any pass rush moves.

All Tomsula needs to get out of this guy is proper technique, angles and to use his God-given abilities to seal edges, occupy two on stunts and bull rush and collapse the pocket. He'll also needs to recognize a screen pass and fire off the LOS and learn to shed blocks in the open field.

Now if he was a WR, CB, C, S, etc. I'd say Okoye has no shot but with his measurables, intangibles and Tomsula working with him for an entire year, I actually have some expectations for him. It will be fun to watch. I hope he genuinely gets a shot in PS.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 14, 2014 at 7:31 AM ]