LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i am sick of this guy already,, i find it funny that some people would be ok to get rid of gore but god forbid we get rid of this guy.

Why are you sick of this guy? Barely heard any news of the guy for awhile, I hope we strike gold and Tomsula turns him into a beast.

More like HOW are you sick of this guy? He's not doing commercials or post game interviews. He's not on T-shirts or cereal boxes. In fact, he's not even on the field. This thread is a year old and only has 80 pages. Be sick of something else, cuz dude is just trying to get a roster spot.
i am sick of this guy already,, i find it funny that some people would be ok to get rid of gore but god forbid we get rid of this guy.

Why are you sick of this guy? Barely heard any news of the guy for awhile, I hope we strike gold and Tomsula turns him into a beast.
i just get tired of people who over rate guys like him who has shown nothing to warrant it while they set there and beat the s**t out of established players like craig dahl .

so you are sick of ignorant fans?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Martin vs Okoye in camp
Not quite sure why people have to keep saying they dont expect much when it's been previously state 281 times in this thread.

Is there really a need for 282?

*exits off soapbox*
Originally posted by xcfan:
okoye should be developing at RT. his body and agility does not fit nfl d-line.

Only we dont have the time or patience of a good 4 years to teach a noob the technique needed for the tackle position.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

He could be the next Renaldo Neimiah, or he could be the next Jeff Stover/Michael Carter. I think that's why the thread is still alive. We really don't know what this guy will turn into, but if he turns into something special, he could be a big piece of the championship puzzle for us for the next couple of years.

i just get tired of people who over rate guys like him who has shown nothing to warrant it while they set there and beat the s**t out of established players like craig dahl .

Dude Okoye is a long term project, taking up 0 roster space, is likely to be on the PS this year, and costing the team next to nothing to see if they can mold a guy with the desire and athleticism to make the jump to the NFL after 0 previous experience in the sport. Having him on the team helps to spread our brand in the location that the NFL appears to be heading internationally. He is a good and positive individual to be around. There is 0 negative and comparing this guy to a starter is silly.

Will he ever be good? I don't know, but it's fun to root for the guy and to pay attention to how he progresses. Just another reason for me to love my Niners.
Yup, i agree. PS after some preseason action. The only way he plays is if he is so damn strong he bulls over 330 lb tackles. He's not quite that big.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:

Dude Okoye is a long term project, taking up 0 roster space, is likely to be on the PS this year, and costing the team next to nothing to see if they can mold a guy with the desire and athleticism to make the jump to the NFL after 0 previous experience in the sport. Having him on the team helps to spread our brand in the location that the NFL appears to be heading internationally. He is a good and positive individual to be around. There is 0 negative and comparing this guy to a starter is silly.

Will he ever be good? I don't know, but it's fun to root for the guy and to pay attention to how he progresses. Just another reason for me to love my Niners.

But yet people hate the guy and hopes he fails............as Niner fans, don't we want him to succeed, you would think this guy was a Seahawk. SMH
[ Edited by jimrat on Mar 15, 2014 at 3:22 PM ]
Haters just don't understand.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i wanted to come on here and say i was rash harsh and boorish about the kid. at the time i wrote what i did about him, i was all up in arms due to other threads ripping the niners for the off season so far and saying they are cheap and whatever else.. that emotion from those posts spilled over into a posting i made saying i was sick of hearing about this guy. i would like to apologize for those comments. i set there and blather about how great it is for players to be given a second chance and then i go out and rip this kid for no reason. i was just upset due to my emotions flying high from other threads so i cam in here and lashed out at lawrence. I am sorry and i will try in the future to control my emotions, they will be my undoing
i wanted to come on here and say i was rash harsh and boorish about the kid. at the time i wrote what i did about him, i was all up in arms due to other threads ripping the niners for the off season so far and saying they are cheap and whatever else.. that emotion from those posts spilled over into a posting i made saying i was sick of hearing about this guy. i would like to apologize for those comments. i set there and blather about how great it is for players to be given a second chance and then i go out and rip this kid for no reason. i was just upset due to my emotions flying high from other threads so i cam in here and lashed out at lawrence. I am sorry and i will try in the future to control my emotions, they will be my undoing

We love you passion cciowa! But we also love to that you usually come quickly back to reason. There are about 3 current posters who could learn a LOT from you!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

We love you passion cciowa! But we also love to that you usually come quickly back to reason. There are about 3 current posters who could learn a LOT from you!
thank you NC, i have got to learn to have a open mind in every thread i go into and not let emotion from one thread spill over to another thread. i thank fellow posters who called me out on my boorish behavior in regards to this topic

Where's the like button?
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 16, 2014 at 4:49 PM ]

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Okoye-Gives-49ers-a-Wild-Card-257515591.html

this is okoye? doesnt look like him at all.
Share 49ersWebzone